I can't believe it

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
but it is SNOWING in Central Arkansas today. Today, March 7...in ARKANSAS!! Who would have guessed that we would go all winter with no snow, and now that I've finally declared OUT LOUD to REAL PEOPLE that I'm ready for sping....it goes and snows two time in one week! Tuesday we had about an inch, but kids had to go to school even though the roads were a little slippery (remember, folks, this is Arkansas...an inch of snow is kind of big!) because the juniors were testing that day. I had three MAD kiddos, and by the time they got home that afternoon it was all gone. Today, however, they've dismissed school because it started as sleet and now we're supposed to get up to 5 inches! IN ARKANSAS! IN MARCH!! We are all snug at home with our hot coffee/chocolate/honeybun breakfasts and ready for the white stuff!! DH is even home, although asleep, because he's working nights this week painting a bank. I'm so excited!!

OK, I know all you northern snow birds are howling at this, but it's big to us!! Stop laughing, Ginger!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
We were suppose to get 2 to 5" last nite into today but it stayed south of us. Had the sleet on Tues. with power outages and so many broken limbs are all over the yard.

CATHYMAC AND FAMILY-----ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
We are getting a North Eastern storm here over the week-end & they are calling for over a foot of snow by the time this is over on Sunday.
cathymac enjoy the snow, go out & make snow angels. Have fun in it .

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We are getting HEAVY blowing snowing. It's been snowing about 3 hours I'd guess we have about 3 inches right now. And they're saying this is supposed to continue till midnight.

The roads are starting to freeze over. We're not used to this in SE. MO either. Stay warm and safe.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Here in Central Ohio we have about 6 in of snow from today and everything is shut down. Schools let out early and all BB tournaments are cancelled, restarants closed and all. We are under a winter weather advisory till 7 pm tomorrow night...expecting another 6-8 in. It is absolutely beautiful out there...course I don't have to go out if I donl't want to...LOL!!! Enjoy all that snow Cathy... :bigsnow:

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
It's supposed to hit here tonight. Thank goodness we don't have to go out tomorrow...brrrrrr....

Enjoy the snow...it's magical! chick1

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
DO NOT....I repeat....DO NOT....send any of it my way!!! LOL...have fun!

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
:rotflol: Gingerbug, they can send it my way but with my luck it would hit you instead of making it over the mountains and down to me.

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I was reading this earlier this morning and getting jealous. I live in southwest Georgia and snow just doesn't happen here. Then low and behold about 10 minutes later my daughter came running through the house screaming "It's snowing". I thought she was just trying to get me to go outside with her but sure enough, we had about 10 minutes of flurries. You had to look really hard to see them and they didn't last long, but it was in fact, snow.

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
We are having snow mixed with freezing rain, getting that snow storm they were calling for. I hope everyone else is having nice weather.
thood happy to hear you were able to see a little snow there.

gustyd51

MHH Member
Mar 5, 2008
I live in Pine Bluff, Arkansas and we got 8 inches of snow yesterday. I got so excited! My daughter got out of school at 1:00 pm and we played in the snow all afternoon! I love it!
Today most of it has melted. Sad!

Dianne (gustyd51) bun1 :bigsnow:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This year has sure been odd with the weather. So many people who haven't or don't get much snow has had some. My DN works in Texas and one day they got a couple of inches and he was just sitting around and he said everybody was shocked that he wasn't getting worried or wanting to see it but...........he spent his first 23 years in southern Il where you can get all 4 seasons in one day. Snow and ice is VERY pretty but............. We had all the ice hanging on the trees and fences and it was beautiful (in the country) but lines were breaking..........
HOPE EVERYBODY ENJOYED IT!!!!