I may have Black Friday OFF!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm so dang excited right now. I did the schedule for next month and for the first time in 3 years I may actually be off the day after Thanksgiving. Being in charge, doesn't always mean I get what I want. That's for dang sure. But with the new person I hired, it looks like I'll have enough people to cover the schedule so I can have Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun off that week. I seriously won't know what to do with myself. I probably won't go shopping, but we've been wanting to go to Estes Park for their Christmas celebration and it's always the day after Thanksgiving. So I'm GOING!! I'll just keep all my fingers and toes crossed between now and then, so it will all work out!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Congratulations, Michelle! Power does have its perks! lol

I think I accidentally started a new tradition last year. Our mall and major shopping city is 50 miles away. We rented a motel room Thursday night last year so we didn't have to get up so early Friday morning and drive 50 miles. My DDs and DH have already asked if we are doing it again this year. I just said, "I don't know. We'll see." I haven't told them, but I am actually thinking about spending Friday night, too, this year. HeHeHe

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Sounds fun. I'm excited because my Best Friend is also my business partner and we'll both have it off. Then my other good friend emailed me and said she just got her schedule and she's off as well. So we're going to make a day of it. The three of us don't get together very often. In fact, the last time was for my 40th birthday last summer. So, I'll be counting down the days!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Michelle - I love Estes Park more than any other place I've ever been. I've been there twice now and long to go back. I would LOVE to go there for their Christmas Festival. I'll have to put that on my list of things to do!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Kim, how long has it been since you were there?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Michelle - I was there about 2006 I think and before that, 2003. I'd go every year if I could. Heck, I'd live there if I could! I have relatives in Longmont so I get to see them but my real reason for going is to stay in Estes Park. We were planning on honeymooning there and had reservations but after DH's back injury we opted for something warmer and closer to home.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It's a great place. Sometimes, for a brief second, I think about it getting old after living here all my life. BUT THEN...it goes away very quickly. I mean, when you come out of the mountain and see it there...it's an instant reminder of why it's so beautiful.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Oh..and did I mention the 3 Christmas stores that bring me back!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I have dishes I bought at an antique shop in Estes park 16 years ago. They were the pattern used at an old hotel that used to be in Colorado, but I forgot the name of it. I wish I had bought more of them and that I could remember the name of the hotel.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Congratulations, Michelle! It sounds like you will have a wonderful day with your friends. What a great way to really kick off the season!!!