I need cookie help!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
:help:
Our church is doing a pastor appreciation day Sunday and somehow I got signed up to bring 4 dozen cookies (not bars or brownies) that morning. I will not be available at all on Saturday and Friday is starting to look questionable. So, I need an easy cookie recipe that will hold up for a day or two until I can deliver them. I'd really like to do something pumpkin flavored, but I'm open to ANY ideas. They need to be baked, but they don't have to be terribly fancy or anything, we're Baptists. LOL

Thanks in advance!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
These are extremely soft cookies and hold up well.

Pumpkin Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 lg. eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Cream butter and sugar together til fluffy. Beat in eggs. Stir in pumpkin and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, salt and spice. Blend into butter mixture. Stir in nuts. Drop by Tablespoonsful onto baking sheet, 2" apart. Bake at 375 degrees 12-14 minutes. (2 1/2 doz)

*These are good with cream cheese icing or plain. Also, you can use teaspoons instead of tablespoons and you'll come out with about 3 1/2 dozen.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
They are pretty good. lol I didn't put icing on them when I made them, but my mom says they are even better with it.

happyalice

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
MrsSoup, TY for the recipe! Those sound really good, so I'm going with them!

Tinsel and Spice, yep, that's Alice (aka happyalice). She's a mastiff mix, and is such a mama's girl. :)

She's got fabulous colouring! (Happy) Alice - cute name! She's a really lovely looking dog you've got there. (My pooch is the apple of my eye too!)
Good luck with the cookies!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Old-Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Estimated Times:
Preparation - 10 min | Cooking - 18 min | Cooling Time - 2 min cooling | Yields - 36 cookies

These cookies are something different and great for after school with a big glass of milk.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 cup LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Glaze (recipe follows)

Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking power, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle Glaze over cookies.

FOR GLAZE:
COMBINE 2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.

NOTES:
For a variation add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or nuts to the recipe.

This is from the Nestle website. I've not made them, but they sound delicious!