It's Week Three: Entry/Foyer

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I don't have a foryer so that part isn't necessary. We enter through the laundry room off the kitchen so need to think about that. But I didn't get to anything for last week in the Living Room. So my goals are:

*get fall leaves on the stair rails
*vacuum steps (dog+carpet on steps= messy)
*fall leaves over fire place. I am holding off on a fall a little longer for the rest I think
*find a home for all the stuff I took out of the cabinet that was in the LR
*pick up the laundry room space. Prep that space for cooler weather clothes and the boys back packs that are now in that space

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
After I get everything cleaned up from my yard sale this past weekend.....I will either concentrate on my living room or the front porch. I haven't quite decided yet.
I don't have a foyer, my front door opens up into the living room.

I have a ton of morning glories in the front of my porch and I really hate to do much to the porch before they come down as they get pretty messy this time of the year dropping their seed pods. I dont want to take them down yet. We have had such a dry summer that along with the rain we got last week, I am enjoying the new growth on all of my plants.

BUT it is good weather to paint my front door. Oh well, I will decide by tomorrow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No foyer in our house either. So this week, I'm starting to work in the kitchen... washing all dishes + kitchen cabinets

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I was all over the house today!

Boys bedding needed switching from cotton to flannel sheets. WOW - what a cooling weather trend we had come through, Thank God for the rain (even if it did flood our basement and we found a new roof leak :) )

I purchased jars from IKEA to start the dry goods organization, really needed a better system of storing all the flours needed for gluten free baking.

We picked up a desk (acutally it is a small dining table) - that I will be using in the foyer. It has two small built-in/slide-out sections that I liked, for when I need to do a project requiring a little more room. My husband is happy to have my laptop off the diningroom table!

I just need some kind of basket to hold my bookbag - to keep it out of the way, something that fits under the desk. I do need to refab the seat of my chair as it looks like a teenager or a cat (or both) were none to gentle with it over the summer.

I emptied the the closet of all items, and only put items back that belonged. Told the 'boys' in my house they had to claim it or I bagged it! :) I was a little surprised that worked. Hmm fuel for thought when it comes to bedroom and basement clean-up.

Made a list of needed baskets for storage, and items to shop for before the snow comes (as we noticed a lack of matching gloves and one winter coat!)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm combining my foyer with the mudroom this week. I did not get all the week two things done, but I've highlighted what did not get done and moving on to week three. I figure if I keep moving forward then all (or most) areas will get some attention and I'll go back and tackle the highlighted areas as time permits.

My list is down stairs with my calendar but rest assured, it's long! ;0)

HouseElf - I measured the cubbies in our mud room just this evening so I can be on the hunt for baskets!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
HouseElf, I'm sorry you had some flooding & roof leaking, but I'm glad you seem to be doing well with the household work. Love the idea of claiming or bagging the stuff.

Will continue with my kitchen cabinets today. would love to finish the top part. It was the only part of the kitchen I hadn't done during spring cleaning (wanted to do it closer to the Christmas holidays).

Wish I had a mud room!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am working on the living room this week (I knew that I wouldn't get to it last week, so I had planned on a "free" week as DH was just gone and we were away last weekend too). I am also planning on making another 5 cards (at least) and finalising my lists.

I need my siblings to decide what is happening about our KK too - we did the draw in July, but some of them want to include Significant Others (there are up to 5, but they are only talking about 2 or 3, I think - the husband, the (engaged will be married by next Christmas) and the (engaged long term but happy relationship) - not the (engaged but unhappy relationship) or the (boyfriend only 3 years) - I am trying to not get confused or stuck in the middle of a row). But I do want to KNOW so that I can stop my planning and purchasing if things change, and start planning for a new person if the draw is re-done.

Better go and finish off a few more things though while there is still a bit of peace and quiet in the office.

Have a great day all,

Wings

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
*get fall leaves on the stair rails -DONE
*vacuum steps (dog+carpet on steps= messy) -DONE
*fall leaves over fire place. I am holding off on a fall a little longer for the rest I think -DONE
*find a home for all the stuff I took out of the cabinet that was in the LR- -some done
*pick up the laundry room space. Prep that space for cooler weather clothes and the boys back packs that are now in that space -some done