Jumping In!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Hi!

I'm starting the New Year by joining in. I've lurked long enough, lol.

I love the holidays but this year I slacked off and enjoyed myself way too much in the beginning of the month (egg nog and Christmas movies and time spent with DH enjoying it all) and ended up filling stockings and putting the presents under the tree about 9 a.m. on Christmas morning. Add to that an unexpected injured finger a week before Christmas (impossible to put ribbons on gifts!) and an extremely heavy work load at the office and I was dragging! I definitely need to plan better to incorporate all the work in with the fun.

I have a lot of fun events planned this year. Almost my entire family is coming from different states for Easter dinner at my house. My son graduates from college in May, and then I have a big birthday and wedding anniversary in September. An annual sister weekend in October, and then the holidays are here again.

I'm looking forward to sharing ideas and learning new things.

Robin

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Robin, Glad you found your way here and are now posting. Looking forward to hearing from you.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Welcome!

Where in FL are you? I'm a snowbird.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Glad you jumped in Robin. I am sure from your lurking you know that this is a fun and caring group.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
:welcome2: you sound really busy but we are really glad to have you.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Robin, I am so happy you decided to join our MHH family. This is a great group of people, and I know you will love it! :welcome:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hi Robin! It sounds like you had some enjoyable times at the start of December! I think most of us here can relate to the last minute stocking stuffing and present moving. I personally have had to work on that and fell back into some old habits this past Christmas. Hope your finger is healing well!

Please feel free to jump in over at the daily chit chat thread if you'd like. Some of us stop by daily, some weekly and some when we have time. We enjoy getting to know new people and I for one hope to hear about some of the celebrations you have planned this year!

JennyMariePhoto

Retire Member
Nov 30, 2012
Welcome Robin, I can tell you this is a very friendly group. I jave also just recently joined but they all welcomed me with open arms and made me feel like I have been their friend for years

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Hi Robin....so glad you found us.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome, Robin!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, Robin! Wow...just reading what's planned already for your year makes me tired! I'm so glad you decided to join. I hope you get lots of inspiration here to be more prepared. Every little bit helps!! Hope the finger is healed by now.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Thanks everyone for all the welcomes!

Halimer - I'm in the Tampa Bay area, which I think I read you are in Tampa so I guess we are neighbors. I actually work in S. Tampa but live across the bay. As I was driving home from work yesterday I saw they are putting up the bleachers and fences in preparation for the Gasparilla Parade. We don't go to that but it is always fun to see everything coming together. The weather is just great this year - loving the 80 degree temps!

Kim - I'm usually so prepared weeks in advance but this past year I just kept putting stuff off like it was going to magically be taken care of, lol. The injured finger is better, I cracked my left index finger walking into a table while carrying a big box out to the car. I can use it but it is still swollen today. But it was one of those mishaps that you don't expect when you are in the midst of Christmas prep.

I look forward to chatting with everyone, and will definitely jump in to say hi in the daily thread.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Sugarplum- Welcome to the wonderful world of MHH!

I, too, am excited to hear about all your big get togethers this year.

Like Kim said, Please pop over to Chit Chat where we share our everyday lives while preparing for the holidays!

Annie

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Welcome Robin! Glad you are joining us! I trust you spotted the Easter threads also, since you have a whole gang coming? :) Ouch on the finger! I know someone that happened to right before Christmas and she actually never did a traditional Christmas again because it was just too hard that year trying to get everything done last minute with a broken finger. After that bad year, poof it was gone. Good for you for doing the opposite! Here's to a wonderful Christmas for you in 2013!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Thanks again everyone!

I am anxious to start posting in the different threads. I did see the Easter one, and the 2013 Christmas Changes. Gotta finish up my notes for that one because I definitely have some things to change up.