June 2015 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Half the year is gone, need to keep on with the decluttering so that my home and mind will be clearer to think about Christmas decorating and cleaning up.

Seems I get rid of stuff but there is always more to get rid of. At least I feel like less is coming in, so that helps.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Lucie, glad to see this up!

This is June 1st so I am REALLY hoping to start taking CHARGE and getting stuff done besides daydreaming and putting it on paper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like on my signature line ---from a blog I like----IF YOU DO STUFF, STUFF GETS DONE. DUH! I start out good but.....

It seems you are always great on moving stuff out.

BEST of LUCK to us all this month. Even in some rooms (like my sewing) if I don't move stuff out needs cleaned and organized alittle.

Last edited:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm working hard to clear out all the extra stuff we've accumulated.

I actually found some amazing sales on toys and was about to buy them when I stopped and asked myself, "Will this bring lots of joy and happiness to my children, or will it be played with for five minutes and then be something else cluttering up the house for the next couple of years?" I left everything behind....hard as it was as some of these were $80 toys on for $5!

Luludou, you're right, sometimes it's about less coming in, and I'm trying to be more mindful of what I let into our lives.

There is a big yardsale here, and I think it is time to get rid of all the baby stuff. I held on to it for a couple of years just in case, but it is taking up a lot of room, and if I get rid of it now someone may still be able to get some use out of it.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Doing some decluttering in the kitchen today. DH bought me a new set of Magnalite cookware for Mother's Day, so I'm having to get rid of some cookware to have room in the cabinet for it.

What I get rid of will into the next yard sale.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Now that I have gotten into the mood and found the time to declutter I am really enjoying it.
2 1/2 years ago we moved into a much bigger house than what we had and it is so easy to just fill every space with stuff. I am now in the frame of mind to let a lot of stuff go and really assess what I bring in..

Just tidied the rumpus room, emptied my desk and put all the stuff from the desk into other more useful places.
Have much, much more to do in the winter months so that the time Summer(ugh) comes I should be all done.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen started going thru some of his stuff in the closet last night. He has a pile going of stuff to get rid, pile of old shirts for rags that will either go to our shed (shop), Ryan to the farm he works at or to my sister who manages the animal shelter in Centralia.

I think I am going to go take stuff out of closet :( so I have to do something with it tonight. Maybe at least part of it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I deep cleaned and decluttered my bedroom over the weekend.
DH dumps things when he gets home from work so I have moved the hamper over to his side of the room so hopefully that helps.
I sorted all my drawers and closets and donated a few things to the charity bin and tossed a few well passed it items. I actually don't have many clothes so that was an easy chore.
Cleaned my bedside tables and tossed the 1/2 tubes of hand cream etc.

The last room to do now will be the kitchen which I will tackle this coming weekend, and the I will go back to the beginning of the list and start again.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Medical Notebook.

I'm working on DD medical notebook. I am looking everywhere for business cards (need phone, address and fax numbers from them). Tossing out extras and making copies of them all on one page so when we go to a new doctor they have all the info they need.

Then I'm looking at all the old records to list all the medications she has been on. Have lots of duplicate items so those are being shredded. I have finished all the shredding from when I cleaned out my files. I just did a few trash bags full each day to finish that off.

Right now my office looks a mess but I do see an end to what I have dragged out. It will be nice once it's finished and organized in one notebook.

I should do one for myself too since I am finding a lot of my stuff mixed with hers.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
UGH almost 6 months in our new house and I still have boxes of stuff to go through. Last Saturday I emptied 2 large and 2 small...felt good even though I didn't toss much. I found homes for some things and some went into the yard sale boxes I have set up. Still a few more to empty and then I need to tackle the front closet.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am working on the kitchen today. My pantry is so full, I think that I am a food hoarder!! I think it stems back from when we were first married and sometimes had a hard time making ends meet. I really think I can stop buying things and will be OK.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH sold the ladder for the pool (which we no longer have!), so that's out of the house. Gave away 3 pool noodles to neighbor's grandkids too.

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
Finally taking the time to completely clean out the garage! It had become "storage" for everything but the cars! Finding the emotional strength to release stuff from the last 5 years of loosing parents, aunt, & Grandmothers but keeping the memories. Had to convince some other family members (or make the take the items). Makes the rest of the house seem lighter

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
EagleSax I find it hard to be rid of "sentimental things". If you absolutely cannot part with it then keep it. Other wise take a photo of the object for your memories and then donate it.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
As I deep-cleaned basement bathroom I decided to declutter. As dd now has her own place I threw out some stuff and put some stuff for her in a bag. I do not need hair things as my hair is short ... so she gets it all! Threw out some old towels too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have resigned from my position as manager of my Drilldance team. I have a whole room full of costumes and equipment. My mum will help me sort through it when she comes over tomorrow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered a drawer in the metal cabinet... put some stuff in a bag (computer board, computer camera & micro, some school papers). will wait to see if dd wants them, if not they will be sent to a new home. I still have so much school stuff and the kids never use them!! I think I'll be giving some to nieces and nephews.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I worked on decluttering my Dh bathroom items. I needed two more plastic clear boxes to put items in so I picked them up at Walmart this morning. I'll finish once Dh gets up from his nap.