Keep feeling like I'm forgetting something!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I must admit that I don't follow any specific countdown plan nor do I have a "notebook". I do have some notes on the computer about what I "should" be doing on a daily/weekly basis, but don't pay much attention to it. I keep a gift idea list going year-round on the computer, and I do lots of crafting all year long.

In reading the posts about what others are doing, I get inspired to do more ahead of time than I have ever done in the past. For instance, I prepared three GIAJs just for fun and found that I now have a really nice hostess gift to take this weekend to an open house . . . no sweat! I made some holiday coasters out of some scrap fabric (idea on OC Holiday Crafts) and decided they would make great gifts for DGFs!

So here I am, with my house pretty much cleaned up and company-ready (resulting from a blitz just before Thanksgiving), holiday baking done, decorating (except tree - fresh will go up closer to Christmas), cards mailed, most holiday crafting done, most gifts purchased . . . Besides the tree, I guess I really just have a bit more shopping and wrapping to do.

This is a first, and I'm feeling so good about it, but keep having a wired feeling that this can't be happening . . . I must be forgetting something!

Of course, the "rest" of the story is that this is my first year of retirement, and we're empty-nesters. So for those of you working and/or with children around, I'm sure that even with the inspiration on OC, it's much more difficult! I've been there!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Woo Hoo, Daliadoll!! :applause: Excited for you!! I felt the same way last year -- almost a little lost without the hustle and adrenaline rush of the last-minute sprints! Being done early is such a wonderful accomplishment. I agree with christmascreations: sit back, sip your hot cocoa, listen to Christmas music and enjoy the feeling of being prepared!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I went through the same thing last year as well. Once I got it through my thick skull that everything was done, I could relax. I had the best holiday ever and so did my family.

Enjoy yourself!!

:snowman: Melanie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Many of us get that feeling. I know I have. You just have to do like previously said. Sit back and relax! Sounds to me like you've got everything under control and should be (deservingly so) feeling 'on top of the world'. It was hard for me too last year. But once I learned to relax and enjoy everything around me I felt calm and proud. My Christmas was the best it had ever been.