Leftover Turkey ideas 2023-Post your favorite.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tonight I am making this sandwich

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Another favorite recipe I do with Turkey. This is one we almost lick the plate. And it is super easy but you need to like Sauerkraut. This will serve three people or two hungry people.

Drain a 2 cans of sliced potatoes very well
Fry in oil and a little butter until a little browned and crispy on both sides.
Dump in some of the leftover turkey and one bag of Sauerkraut (with the juice) Can use canned Sauerkraut.
Heat until hot and Serve. Can put a little butter one it. If it is too tart add a pinch of sugar.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tonight I am making this sandwich
Dh did not like this but I did. I did add some more gravy and cut mine up. The gravy soaked bread was very good.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Hot Brown Sandwiches

I love these. No turkey gravy needed since there is nothing brown in them except bacon. I use regular gluten free bread and use whatever cheese in the sauce that I have on hand.

Reactions: homemade4me

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have a leftover chicken that I used for soup, but very little of the chicken that I served as the main meal. Will make some chicken salad and probably a pot pie at some point.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a leftover chicken that I used for soup, but very little of the chicken that I served as the main meal. Will make some chicken salad and probably a pot pie at some point.
I do have a large container of broth to make soup in the freezer. Will be looking for a good recipe.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'll make turkey salad sandwiches with the brown meat. I put the brown meat through the food processor. I use plain non-fat Greek Yogurt instead of mayonnaise. Mix that with cranberry sauce. Add celery and pepitas.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
This recipe is great for left over turkey or chicken and stuffing. Got it off the box of stove top stuffing mix years ago.

Mix 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of sour cream. Add in diced up cooked chicken (or turkey) and any type of veggies you want about 2 cups worth. Mix until combined. Spread into bottom of 13X9 casserole dish. Top with left over stuffing or make box stuffing mix according to the directions on the box and sprinkle on top. Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly, Serve with side of cranberry sauce.

This is my go to for those cold, rainy winter nights too.

Last edited: