March Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is the LAST day of March 2011! I will be decluttering today!!!!!

AND.... I have opened the April Declutter Club thread....... in case anyone has plans or goals for their work during March.

For March.... tomorrow is our "trask pick-up day".... and I have one trash can that is virtually empty! I would LOVE to fill it with clutter..... before tomorrow morning's pickup!!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have been making good progress this month with the task I allocated myself. To clear out the paperwork basket in the kitchen.

I have emptied out old files and burned records from 1999 to 2004/5 in a range of areas (insurances, credit card, current account etc). I may come a little younger yet, but that gives me space in the files.

I have filed papers which were taking 2 feet of that basket (they were towering over the top), and burned/recycled some also from the basket. I actually probably got about 4 feet into it, but I have put back a stack of cards etc that I want to keep (I will put those safely away this weekend) and I had a large pile of receipts I need to check before burning too (and some of those came from another room where they ahd been hiding!).

And I managed to get an archiving box of papers moved from home back into the office too.

The target for this weekend is to file the medical records (which are seperated out) and DH's accounts, and papers for DD's school etc. I have to go through the receipts to check if there's anything I need to keep, and burn the rest. And try to empty the basket entirely by puting away the cards taht I want to keep.

I haven't started to think about April yet, although I KNOW I have to clear out the guest room as we are getting an "au pair" at the start of May so she will need wardrobe space for herself.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Winged One...... Wow! Having an au pair live with your family will be a big change! Unless... did either you or your dh have an au pair.... while you were growing up?

And.... what country will the au pair come from?

Regular stuff takes up SO MUCH of our time!!!! Nevertheless.... I have gotten three additional trash bags of clutter.... Out The Door today!! Even though it doesn't seem like much...... I keep telling myself that this is stuff that I will never have to look at again!!!!

I ALSO see..... how incredibly helpful it is..... to NOT bring more stuff into the house!!!!!!

Winged One.... it seems that it was a really big help to you.... to get rid of stuff you had stored in the attic.... when you had the remodeling! I am ALWAYS longing for the BIG decluttering events..... although I DO know that the day-by-day stuff really does add up fast! I GUESS THAT IT IS ALL GOOD!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
One additional bag of clutter.... ready to go Out The Door! Gone forever!

It is icy cold outside. Rain/snow/sleet.... something bad weather-wise is coming back this afternoon. Today is the First Day Of Baseball Season 2011!!!! This is considered to be the REAL "first day of spring" by some baseball fans! Unfortunately..... it is REALLY wintry in many parts of the USA.

I have taken my trash bags around the house.... sort of like an "Easter Egg Hunt". Selecting something from the refrigerator, someting from the hall closet, something from the bedroom.... just selecting things that can go into one of the trash bags and Out The Door!!!!

Hhmmm.... piatemamaof3boys posted about getting things out of her closet. I bet there are things in my closet that can go Out The Door too!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
SN-I didn't go any where near the closet. Hhhmmm sounds like I found my goal for april

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I think I'll tackle the shelf in the linen closet...lots of things just floating around aimlessly! Hopefully some of it can go in the trash!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I made a lot of progress in March but still so much to do....freeing up space is such an energizing activity...

The other thing is that not ONE thing I've decluttered has been missed...in fact...most of it I don;t even remember...

I'm continuing with books and clothing in April as well as starting on garage....oh there's still lots to do but every bag and box feels like a weight lifted from my spirit!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The other thing is that not ONE thing I've decluttered has been missed...in fact...most of it I don;t even remember...

I know I feel the same way about the things I've decluttered.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We CLEARED the basket!!!!
OH helped on Saturday, while DD was playing with a friend up the road. And in another hour we got to the bottom of the basket, filed everything, and burned the last of the papers for dumping! OH even cleared everything around the basket too, so the dresser now looks lovely and clear, rather than a respository for "stuff!" LOL!!