March Turkey Day 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made a turkey last night. DH work gave him one for Christmas so I figured I had better get it cooked and out of the freezer. It was small so I didn't cut the legs off to stuff them using the recipe from Feb. Turkey day. I'm going to keep my eyes open for some large turkey legs. I really want to try stuffing a leg.

With just two of us eating, I have divided the rest of the turkey into freezer bags for eating during the rest of the month. This weekend I'll make Hot Brown Sandwiches with some of the leftovers. Yum.

Here are some interesting Asia turkey ideas:
http://www.mahalo.com/asian-thanksgiving-turkey-recipes

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I think that Turkey Dinners are among the BEST meals ever!!! Having a house full of vegetarians..... making a turkey dinner has to wait until we have a lot of other people for dinner! I would LOVE to do one this month!

Well.... it is early in the month. There is time......

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am also going to take extra time to be thankful.

Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes we do forget to be thankful for what we have because we are too busy wanting other things.

beachblonde

Retire Member
Dec 14, 2009
Menu Set

I spent this Turkey Day discussing with my mom where we will have Thanksgiving Dinner and what we will have. We planned out the menu, divided it up, and even set a time.
Hopefully I will be in my own place by then. :(

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Once you have a plan in place it really helps. You will have a wonderful Thanksgiving. What if you don't have you own place? Do you have a plan for that yet?

I hope you get the place you want even if you have to wait longer than you would like.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Turkey Day is sharing with Rudolph Day this month. It's ok, the Turkey will just wander around enjoying the Christmas plans. lol

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Some cranberry/jalapeno salsa sounds good over cream cheese. I'm off to hunt for a recipe.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
If you limit the over the top carbs to the Holidays it should be fine. Just take smaller amounts so you don't feel you are doing without.