Menu's and grocery List!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Menu's and grocery List!

I hate making them I am no good at it, it takes me weeks to figure out a menu!

So when I get one figured out I make a detailed grocery list, and title it for the year and event along with the menu. And save them in my Planner.

I use the forms on the OC for the menu and scratch out the part that says delegated to and put in advance prep. And scratch out the recipe source and put in which serving dish I will use.
All my recipes are in the same place.
Although I may type them up and stick them in with the menu and grocery list.

And the next time I need a menu I'll pick out one that worked. And pull out the list and run to the store.
This came in very handy at my son's graduation party. I just went with one of my party menu's that I had for Halloween.

My goal is to have at least 2 menus for each type of event so I have a good resource to go with.
I stress over this stuff and this plan really relives a lot of this type of stress for me.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love to plan menu's, and the best thing is to have a master shopping list!

I also scratched out the 'delegated to' (LOL if I don't do it - no one else will) and added what serving dish I use!

A site that helps is Epicurious. You can add your menu items, and then make a master grocery list - there is also an APP, if you use a smartphone :)

Really does save time!

I organized my Holiday Menus by:

1. Each divider in the binder has a meal plan, example :Christmas
2. After the divider there is the meal plan, and seating plan if applicable (or the buffet layout). I also include a list of linens to use, a tablescape idea, or a pic of a centerpiece etc...
4. Each Meal plan has all the required recipes in sheet protectors (easy to pull (and wipe if needed as I cook).

It is an ongoing project!

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
I have been using the same Thanksgiving menu and shopping list for years-it is so nice to just open up your Thanksgiving notebook-make a copy of the shopping list and then shop-no thinking or worrying about what you are going to make-I do check out the websites and magazines each year to see if there is something new I would like to make-last year it was the make ahead mashed potatoes-planning ahead is the key to a stress free holiday get together.

WOMAN