Mocktail Theme

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My department is going to be participating in Mocktail event- last year we won best hot drink but we did not have very good theme- we only had a lonely stocking :sad: . Some tables had dry ice and the winner had a spin off of dancing with the stars.

We get one table and need to do:

Drink
Name the drink
Poster
Decoration

Want to do hot drink again- maybe hot chocolate or hot buttered rum- can you help me with possible names and how to decorate table on low budget?

Thanks!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
If you do a hot chocolate, how about a winter wonderland theme like Ginger is having for her ornament exchange brunch. Check out her ideas in the thread with that title.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
we decided to do this drink:

1/3 cup Milk
1/3 cup 1/2 & 1/2
1 large scoop of mint ice cream
Dash peppermint extract or green food coloring

Blend until frothy.

We are thinking naming it- "Peppermint Mistletoe" and will decorate all Christmassy including handing out a little present.

We are sampling it Wednesday I mean doing a Quality Control Check ;)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I know you have your plans for this year, but I thought of this last night while I was lying in bed wide awake and trying to go to sleep! It might be something you'd want to consider for next year. Make Fireside Coffee and have the table decorated with a "campfire" scene-cowboy style. You could get some bandannas and use them as napkins. Have a tablecloth or runner from bandanna print fabric (you can buy it by the yard for less than $3 per yard) or denim, use rope and western hats and boots to decorate the center of the table, and have Santas dressed as cowboys also. Those are everywhere. I've seen snowmen as cowboys, too. You can even find or make cowboy boot shaped stockings-saw those yesterday at Tractor Supply Co. Very cute. You could use granite ware plates and tin cups-the dollar stores around here have those for about a dollar each. Use the rope as a "garland" around the table..my mind is racing now! As I said, it might be an idea for next year or future use.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cathymac,
You have the best ideas! No wonder you always host family gatherings! :grin:

I don't think I could top that. My suggestion is just to get some back issues of Taste of Home magazine and look through them for ideas. They often have a theme section, with decor/drinks/food built around different themes. Looking through that could give you some ideas for future years.
One I remember was a sort of Tropical Christmas theme -- using inflatable pool rings for wreaths (wrapped with lights and a big bow), Santa in a tropical shirt or dashboard hula girls wearing little Santa hats. Deck a palm tree out with tinsel and ornaments. You could serve some type of frosty tropical fruit smoothie made with frozen fruits.