:( need hugs, i'm gutted!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i have spent the past week trying to sort out elf bits and get everything back in 1 folder as had stuff on 2 laptops. in the process of moving stuff AND wiping 1 laptop i have managed to loose ALL my 2009 elf photos (apart from 3 of bertie in babies prem clothes!) i am so gutted, i really want to cry. there was a folder that said 2009 but i didnt realise it was empty!

i still have all the info in berties journal, so i may be able to re-make the scenes depending on what they were but they wont b the same.

i'm hoping that they are on 1 of the cds of photos as i do back up photos every month as i always have camera round my neck when we go somewhere, but wont know until i go through them all (about 30 cds).

IF anyone has any pics of bertie and his activities by any chance please let me no. i have all 2008 and 2010 and the royal wedding earlier this year. i've even checked his facebook and that only has 2008 and 2010.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Amy I am so sorry. that's heartbreaking when you loose picts. Hope you have them stored on another CD. My PC crashed and I know I am missing picts also. And I don't take that many. On a side note I like the term Gutted It's makes a great pict of how you feel.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh Amy, that is so sad! Those pictures are precious. Hope you can find them on one of your cd's. :(

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Amy - I'm so very sorry. I don't have any of the pictures - I wish I did. I hope you find some on one of your CD's.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
thank you for replies. cant even find em on line.

ravynsmommy

Retire Member
Jul 9, 2011
Texas
Did you try looking for them in your recycle bin? You can always move them from there to back onto your computer.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Amy, I am so sorry. Wish I had some, but I don't. Depending on how badly you want them, you can take your hard drive to a repair shop and they can probably get them back. My daughter says if you have ever put something on your computer, it is there somewhere forever. Those of us without the skills of going deep into the computer's memory can't find them, but "techy" people can. It's one of the ways they catch people for things they have done using the computer.

There are external storage sites where you can store files. Our computer tech person at work told me about them. She stores all her files and pictures on them, as well as on a jump drive. That way, if the computer crashes or your jump drive, you can retrieve them from the external site. Also, you can access them from any computer wherever you are even if you do not have your computer or jump drive. One is called Dropbox. You may want to put this year's stuff somewhere like that, as well as on your computer.

HTH

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

my hubby is big time into pcs and stuff and has gone through my laptop with fine comb and cant find them. i believe they were on the old pc, which we had to get new hard drive and memory for as 1 burnt out and affected the other.

it could have been worse and been pics of the kids. i have the elf journal so i will just re-create the missing at xmas.