new period in my life starts...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
With tomorrow a new part in my life will start. I am expecting my baby at the end of february 2010 and so I am at home from tomorrow on for the upcoming 2 years.

Officially I am on vacation until End of December (I have so many paid vacation days left) and 8 weeks before the planned due date my offical maternity leave starts. I plan to stay at home until fall 2011

I haven't realized yet that I am at home from now on - I am not really used to it. I have always worked. This year is the 10th year of working after school/studies. Please don't misunderstand - I am absolutely happy with my pregnancy and I really look forward to this time but nevertheless I have to re-organize myself now

and I have now enough time to prepare for my little baby (according to ultrasound we will have a little lady), for christmas and to write here and my blogs (among other things)

Chilli

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Chili~Congrats on your pregnancy and baby girl! Your life will certainly be different in many ways...enjoy your time with the baby. You will always cherish it and be glad that you had that time with her.

Blessings,
Lisa

Flower Girl

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Congratulations on your dear little lady!!!!! Your life will never be the same....just take it all one day at a time, and enjoy every bit you can.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Congratulations! Once that little one is born you will never look at this world the same way, and your priorities will change completely. In ways you won't understand (as hard as you try) until you are there. And it will be wonderful! So happy for you!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Congrats! I too was working full time until I had the kids then I stayed home... 10 years!! At first I found it strange to stay home... but when then I got used to my routine and didn't want to go back to work after 10 years (but DH urged me to! He thought I'd be in depression with the kids back in school all day.. no way! I was used to my routine & I loved it).

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Congratulations!! I remember when we decided that I would stay home after DS9 was born-I was so overwhelmed at first-staying home is hard work! But I'm sure you'll work it out and make it a wonderful experience! Good for you-so I'm guessing we might see you often now? Hope so! Your contributions are so great!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
And now begins one of the most wonderful times of your life. I was a stay at home mom with the twins until they started kindergarten. With youngest DS I was at home for only two years. I loved it. These are times you will cherish forever! Youngest DS was born three weeks after Christmas, and I took my leave at Thanksgiving, because I was so tired! I got to do a lot for Christmas that year, and a couple years thereafter. I didn't miss any of the 'firsts', and was really able to bond with each of my children.

You will have all of that to look forward to as well. AND you will get to share it with all of us here at MHH. I can hardly wait to meet the little lady. Congratulations!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Chilli, what an exciting time for you! And, congratulations on your little girl. Think of this time away from work outside of the home as time for you to really bond with your child and perhaps find some new interests for yourself - yoga, pottery, painint, writing - whatever interests you and allows you to invest in yourself as a person, wife and mother. Enjoy!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Congrats Chilli! I am so happy for you. Enjoy your time off in preparation for your little lady as well as your time off with her after her arrival. I was a stay at home with my daughter and i loved every minute of it. I went to work when she went to college, lol. :)

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Congrats on the new baby. I know this is an exciting time for you. Being a SAHM is a lot of work, but wonderful too. It takes some adjustment, but we're here to help, give advice, shut up when you want us to, and just love on you and your family.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Congratulations! I hope you really enjoy this new chapter in your life! What would life be without new adventures?