Newbie!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Yvonne57

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
Hi My name is Yvonne and I live in Hampton, Virginia. I saw a post about this group a few weeks back and am so thrilled to be accepted. When I first came across this I was completely floored of the pure genus of your plan. It is simple enough to make sense and to work. The idea of doing a little of each holiday each month gets everything done or close to it with no last minute panic attacks! I can't wait to jump in and try all your ideas from holidays to cleaning. Is there a 'restart' of the weeks starting the first of the year or do I just find previous posts? Thanks again Yvonne

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Yvonne- Welcome! MHH is a wonderful place to be!

We love it here and hope you will find it helpful in preparing for the holidays in 2014!

Stop by the chit chat thread where some of us talk about our day to day lives!

Annie

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
:welcome2:

Welcome Yvonne! You are truly going to love it here.

As you can see there are many discussions going on. One you may like is the declutter chat where every month we discuss what we're working on to get rid of the excess. Another is Rudy day where on the 25th of each month we take a few moments to do something Christmasy whether it's thinking of gift ideas or planning a holiday party or working on a craft or just enjoying some holiday tunes. And just like AnnieClaus mentioned, the chat board is were you will really get to know the members. Feel free to jump right in and again Welcome! :)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Welcome Yvonne! Merry Christmas! Feel free to jump in anywhere. Look through the history a bit in the forums to see what interests you. If you are asking about the cleaning plans, some are year-round and some start up a specified number of weeks before the holiday. For instance, the declutter club is ongoing, but the "House and Holiday" and the "Holiday Grand Plan" are timed cleaning plans that start a specific number of weeks out from Christmas. As you scroll through the cleaning plans you will see they go back years but a fresh thread will begin (the "restart") when that time of year comes around. Hope that helps! :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome to our little group, so glad that you found us. Merry Christmas.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Welcome I am originally from that area! THere are a lot of older forums that are not used often but if you have questions or want to add ideas to them feel free to do so! We are always looking for new ideas.
There is not one specific year round plan but we do use the 25th of each month-Rudy Day- to think about and plan for Christmas. Then there are several count downs as we get closer to Thanksgiving that helps with cleaning and decorating for the holidays.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29887

Hi, Yvonne. Welcome. You may want to browse the cleaning plans forum. Also, the link above is a link to working on one room per month which is especially helpful for having your house ready if you have company coming to stay. There are plans for just before the holidays, monthly decluttering forums, then on the 25th we do different things to get ready for Christmas. Annie also posts wrapping party dates which she will be doing soon (she's giving us some time to recoup from this year, but Lucie...that girl who can outwork us all...has already started buying for next year, so Annie may have to set an extra-early date for her).

Post anywhere you would like to, even if it's been quite some time since anyone posted there. We sometimes "bump" a forum that is relevant.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Welcome, Yvonne!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Welcome! And let me add that after years a few of us (read me)still haven't totally mastered planning and having no last minute panic attacks so there is room for everyone here. :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Welcome!

Hi there and welcome. It's a fun informative place!