North Pole Breakfast

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
So I am hoping to do a small one this year, Rowan will only be 1 (16 months), but want it to be a tradition.

If anyone does or has done this, how do you prepare breakfast before your kids see what's happening? I know most of the things can be made in advance, but I'd like to do pancakes or French toast and have some hot chocolate ready to go, maybe in the slow cooker. Any thoughts, obviously it will be easy this year, it's just something that I keep thinking about for the future....

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I guess I don't know how a North Pole breakfast works or how it's supposed to appear to be pulled off? Is it supposed to be a surprise, as if the elves left it?

Could it be possible that the elves "left the ingredients" and you have to cook it? Sort of like a gift basket with the makings? Then, children would think it was a gift left by the elves. Maybe pancake mix in a specially marked bag, made with muslin and stamped, and syrup in a special bottle with a label you made on the computer? Even fruit in a jar with a computer generated label. Premixed hot chocolate left in the fridge with heating instructions. Even a pan of cinnamon rolls or breakfast casserole could be pulled off the same way. I suppose ingredients for French toast could be left in a gift basket, too? Since most kids head straight to the tree and not the kitchen, they wouldn't notice if things were tossed in last minute that have to be refrigerated until time.

Those are just thoughts I have. Hope that is on the right track to do what you want.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I don't know what a North Pole Breakfast is either, but I think it's a wonderful idea! When I was growing up we always had the same thing for breakfast every Christmas morning, my husband thought it was a great idea and we continued the tradition in our family, and some of our kids have even continued the tradition in their families. Even though I would love to try something new and different, no one will allow it - traditions are so special!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Jane that's a great idea. Grammadeb traditions are so important.

Some people will have their elf arrive with this special breakfast as if they have made it. I plan on doing it one weekend morning in December. That way I wouldn't need to keep it on the same day every year.

If you google you will see how elaborate some people go, but not sure I would manage that standard.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I really like MissJanes idea about the elves bringing the ingredients. Makes it easier for the coming years.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I like the idea of the North Pole Breakfast but not sure I could pull it off with my grandson Evan!

I did want to share with you that for the last two years I've hosted an elf dinner party. Evan and some of his friends come and the elves of course. We have a candy buffet. Last year we had a hot chocolate bar as well. We usually make an ornament and do other crafty things, watch a movie and play some games. We often eat pizza...or other kid friendly things!

I have some pics on my blog if you want to see them. You could make it as elaborate or as simple as you want. I hope it becomes a tradition for us because even the adults like it...making the ornament and such. You could send invites etc... Evan knows I host it FOR the elves but you could have the elves host I suppose.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Was just working on the blog....you should be able to see them now. I hope!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
when we have done ours we have laid the table and left ingreidents in jars with lids or in fridge etc because we have cats who would probably eat half of it during night! and we left a note 1st year saying "we put it in jars and the fridge because of the cats, so yo will have get mum to make it."