OC Fillable Forms Now In Beta Test!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CEO

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2007
Hi, kids! CEO has been a very busy girl this month ... and so I want to share a new feature with you: printable Christmas planner forms that can be filled in on the computer:

Fillable Christmas Planner Forms

These are in Beta Test, and I'm not sure I'll be able to keep them--but I wanted you all to have a chance to kick the tires.

Some backstory. Creating "fillable" forms is not nearly as easy as it sounds. First problem you have is that it's not like paper-and-pencil: people have to have the PROGRAM that will open the form. Microsoft Word, Open Office, Pages ... all will create a file that can be shared, but you can only enter text if you have THAT software program.

Even then? You get into version problems. Older computers can't open files made in newer programs, and older versions can cause problems in newer programs.

So we're trying Adobe Reader, and enabling printable areas on the face of the form.

This is pretty complex to do (just check the roots of my hair, they've gone white), but Adobe Reader is about as widely distributed as any program can be.

How will these work for you? Answer: I don't know. Yet.

I found they worked very well on all my test machines BUT with a few weirdnesses. For instance, editing the form in a Web browser may or may not work well--I saw some forms with the type "clipped off" when I tried this.

So here is what I recommend: save these fillables to your computer before trying to edit or save them. That seems to work the best.

In any event, we're giving this a try. May or may not be worth the fuss .... but if you're one of those who prefers to type things, or just likes their information to look nice, check 'em out!

CEO

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
Thanks CEO!! I can't wait to give them a try.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
thanks for the hard work i will have to check it out.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Thanks so much for all your work CEO! :thankyou:

Cannot wait to try them!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
:thankyou:

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Thank you so much for the downloadable forms. I just saved them to my computer and I'm anxious to try them. What a great gift for us!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Thank you so much! I've downloaded them and can't wait to use them!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! CEO you are too much! The forms I've downloaded and saved have worked marvelously for me, and I'm really enjoying them. I've also been able to type into them directly in my browser, but as you mentioned that probably varies depending on the software everyone is using. I especially am loving the Room-by-room decor planner. Great tool, thanks again!

tammyproctor

MHH Member
Sep 10, 2009
south carolina
forms

I tried the Christmas card list and it took me no time at all to fill it out. Love, love, love these. The most wonderful thing. Thank you so much for doing this!!!!!:thankyou::fireplace:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Just finished browsing these. Thought I would put in a comment to bring them back active on the boards in case anyone new hasn't seen them. I don't use all of them, but I do use some of them (no use re-inventing the wheel). Or someone may want to re-do them in their own style.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've browsed them briefly and if it works out. OH MY GOODNESS, I'm going to be so excited. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to the forms. I constantly rewrite, tear out and update them all the time so they "look" nice. This is going to save me so much headache!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I could not figure out how to save the form. lol I am so un-techie.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Deirdre, There should be an icon that looks like an old floppy disk on the top left corner (to the right of the printer icon). Click on it. A new window will open with a drop down menu. Click on documents. Save it to whatever folder you want it in...HTH.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
No floppy disk to click on. Only have the printer and two people in front of a document. Couldn't find anything in the tabs either for saving. I'm using Adobe 9.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hmmm...I don't know then. Is there as "Save as" or "File" option anywhere on the toolbar? If so, you should be able to save from there. Also, there are two versions...the original print only and one that says Beta test forms...did you click the correct one?