October 1st-7th 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Down here we head into the second month of Spring. I am keeping busy with a lot of jobs that are on my list. HGP and home prep for the warmer months are still a priority as well as the ever enjoyable Christmas prep. The next few months are really the busiest of the year and getting ahead with the plans now makes life a little more relaxed. I am on holidays this week so gives me a little more time to get things done.

Daily:
Water throughout day. Especially important as it heats up. Must also pack water when I go out
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)( )
*fold washing ( )
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms ( )( )
*meal planning ( )
*general tidy up ( )
*clean fridge/freezers ( )
*tidy pantry/stockpile ( )
*make work lunches ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
September, October and November.....Spring :)

*Baking days leading up to Christmas....we have several scheduled ( )
*Continue with wrapping party dates (X)
*Christmas prep....focus on this ( )
*Target savings in bank ( ) Save for cruise. Have full payment by December.
*Review word of the year (X)
*Prepare garden( ) papers (X) emergency kits (X) for upcoming fire/storm season
*Start decluttering for move next year ( ) I have a plan for this at least, will ramp up during HGP
*House inspection September (X)
*Mini vacation to coast September (X)
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)( )( )
*Annual Bathurst day October ( )
*Day light saving October (X) change smoke detector batteries (X)
*Ballet with DD, DSisL, Mum and I October ( )
*Organise Family get together for November ( )
*Complete the HGP ( ) This is a must this year
*Start thinking ahead for Spring/Summer meals ( ) plans ( ) celebrations ( ) goals ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*do something that is just for me ( )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 10
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies ( ) Will be wrapping stocking fillers this week....I wonder how I did

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work Monday and Tuesday( ) ( ) on holidays this week.
*At least one no tech night (X)
*Wrapping stocking fillers Tuesday (X)
*Nail appointment Tuesday (X)
*Dishwasher install Wednesday (X)
*Grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*HGP kids rooms ( ) swapped to kitchen this week. (X)
*Racing party prep ( )
*Daytrip to farm Friday(X)
*Walk with Harry (X)( )( )( )( )( )( )

5 small chores:
*Uncover air con vents (X)
*Test air con ( )Too cold this week.
*Change smoke detector batteries (X)
*work on kid's books (X)

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was another one of those weeks where work takes over home life. I've been miserable ever since I got this job. Thank goodness for HHP. Planning and prepping for Christmas is the only joy of the day. :)

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Coffee Prep for the next day
  • Lunch Prep for the next day
  • Breakfast Prep for the next day

Weekly:
  • Outfit Planning for this week
  • Menu Planning for this week
  • Meal Prep for this week
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • End of Last Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Weed Garden
Monthly:
  • Kitchen
    • Dust the top of the fan.
    • Clean the oven.
    • Clean the microwave.
    • Clean out the refrigerator.
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash the floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down the trash can.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
HHP - Week 5 list

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Last week was another one of those weeks where work takes over home life. I've been miserable ever since I got this job. Thank goodness for HHP. Planning and prepping for Christmas is the only joy of the day. :)
I am so sorry to hear this. What can be done if anything to change how you feel about the job?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
LOL! That's a loaded question with a politically charged answer ready to fly off my tongue. The non-politically charged answer is to change how I feel about the job: my boss needs to find more employees so we aren't overworked and underpaid. I know she is because I see the ads in the paper and online.

There are three special needs children and one "behaviourally challenged" child. The one child has an aide with her the entire day so it makes our day with the other children nicer. However, the other two don't have an aid and are a constant disruption. One is not potty trained at age 4 contrary to what the parents told us. The other laughs and makes faces through out the day. The behaviourally challenged child is very angry and tries to manipulate every situation to his advantage. I would have quit early on except someone beat me to it. At that point, I felt bad for everyone else working alongside me. However, I have given notice that if the state doesn't accept my paperwork, I will not be doing anymore jumping through hoops for them and I will walk away on the spot.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary. I think that we get to the stage where our own worth and state of mental health has to take priority over work.

A few years ago I left my job after 10 years and went and worked at 3 different dental practices and never felt fully at home. One job I only stayed at for 3 days as the vibe was not right for me, one I was at for 4 months and one was for about 18 months. I found all of these places quite toxic and not the right fit for me. I applied for my job with my old boss and stayed with her until we moved to our new practice in 2021 where I am lucky enough to still be working with her. Luckily DH has always supported my work decisions and although the money I have bought in has always benefited us with a bit if scrimping we have always made it work.

I hope that there is a quick resolution to the current workplace problems and that things become more bearable for you and if not an opportunity presents itself for you to move on. Take care XOXO