October Celebrate Me

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Im going to do a pamper me day with my god mother next weekend. Dh is working so I found a sitter for our five kids. My god mother and I are going to get our nails done and get a pedicure.. then were going shopping for new fall/winter clothes... Then lunch.
Im really looking forward to it.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am taking Friday and Monday as vacation days so that I can do some things for myself that I don't have time for on weekends. This is about the only time I can have until shortly before Christmas.

Saturday is DGS 6th birthday, and his party is Sunday. I will be taking two other grandkids to the party. Unfortunately, the two live on the opposite side of the county (northwest; DGS is on southeast side!).

Don't know what all I'll do, but it will be for me! :haha:

:bigsnow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'd like to scrapbook the whole day but I nothing ready. I know with all the problems with dd this week there is no way I'll be able to get anything ready either. Tomorrow is a trip to Mayo to evaluate her seizures.

Maybe I can use the day to get page kits ready for next month. Weather permitting, I'll go the cemetery to photo another row of tombstones.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I haven't started doing this yet, but i think i need to start making a conscious effort to put this on the calendar and do something, anything, even if its a little thing, just for me, lol. :ghost:

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I am going on a Scrapbooking/Crafts weekend retreat with a girlfriend. It will be the first time away from my 8 month old overnight!

I am taking some holiday projects, elf stuff, and maybe my Christmas Cards to address as well as my scrapping stuff.

I also want to use up a spa gift certificate I have and get a facial. My husband is going to Brazil for work for a week here so i will need a pick me up after being alone with the kids for a week!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wow - Pixiestick!!! That sounds terrific. Please let us know how it goes!

I am going really, really small this month! I am going to take small, quiet, home-style "refresh me" breaks. I am taking a paperback novel (one I got for 50 cents at the library used book rack) -- out to my old chaise lounge. I am going to lay down and read for half an hour. It is not 100 degrees out there anymore. I haven't laid around out there all year! It is delicious and doesn't cost anything more than the book.

I got a bottle of blended cabernet/merlo red wine (delicious) for $3 and I am going to sip a glass now and then. (My husband hardly ever drinks. But I read that a glass of red wine a day is great for your health. So I am going to be a "health nut" with this. Even if my husband doesn't join me.)

I am going to indulge my hobby of enjoying political news - and watch as much as I like while I decluter.

I am going to cut out as many "optional" things as I can this month. A new grandchild will be born in November. The mother-to-be is "nesting" like mad - organizing and declutering ad getting things ready. I am going to follow her lead. I am going to do some "grandmotherly nesting" this month. I want to be ready to give as much help as they would like to the new mom and new baby.

So, what will you try to do for yourself this month!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Well, I had my long weekend, but I sure didn't rest much. For the rest of the month, I think I will take it kind of easy. I work for a registered investment advisor, and right now, things really bite! So, when I go home, I just want to chill and relax and not think of too much. I guess that is one way of pampering myself and celebrating me, huh?

:bigsnow: