Organize now! week 7 Feb- 10

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Ok here we are on another week. Time to talk about bills.

They are not fun to think about but they were here, for most of us, to stay. Here are some goals for the week to help us stay on top of our bills

*Decide on a comfortable place to pay your bills. (If you don't have a corner, desk or drawer to set up consider a basket to keep stuff in)

*Set up the area with things you need ie-calculator, envelopes, stamps, pen, address labels, if you pay your bills on line maybe a list of the web addresses and and password info

*shred old payment books from paid off bills

*create a organized system to pay the bills.

*If you don't consider looking into online baking through your bank or the company directly

*if you get canceled checks from the bank consider asking them to keep them, less trash for you

*schedule a time to pay your bills (she suggests weekly but I am sure you can do it based on your pay schedule as well)

*suggestion for organizing. After you pay each paper bill (and I guess if you want to print out any ebills) write paid on them and any other necessary info on it. punch w/ a 3 hole punch then put into a basked. Once a month file it in a 3 ring binder w/ dividers based on the bill

Another tip is to have a large manila envelope w/ a small calendar in it. When a bill comes, white the bill info on the calendar and put it into the envelop w/ the return envelope. When it's paid mark it off the calendar

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
What do you do that works for you?

I pay a lot of my bills on line either through the bank or directly on the sight when I can.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I also pay all the bills I can online. I love it.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I pay all our bills online directly through their websites. I have an Excel spreadsheet set up by Year, then month and then 1st and 15th bills. I keep track of how much each bill was which came in handy when we first listed our house for rent/sale because I could give an accurate average for utilities.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I pay all our bills online directly through their websites. I have an Excel spreadsheet set up by Year, then month and then 1st and 15th bills. I keep track of how much each bill was which came in handy when we first listed our house for rent/sale because I could give an accurate average for utilities.
I have yet to figure out the Excel spreadsheet. I really need one for a record.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I only know one code and that's to get the columns to add together automatically. LOL