Organize Now! week 8 Feb 16

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Ok ladies we are moving right along. This week we will discuss organizing your receipts.

$ Gather and sort loose receipts (atm, check card, credit card, major purchases, items to be reimbursed...)

$ record any purchases you may not have done yet

$ file tax decuctable receipts

$ put gift receipts w/ the item

If you want a detailed list of your expenses make a list and write in you expenses off the receipts.

Create a file to keep long term receipts (major purchases, credit card, tax deductible items you might consider returning)

Tips for keeping organized. Clean out your wallet and purse weekly of receipts. Consider keeping a small zipper pouch in your purse just for receipts so they are easy to go through.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I usually toss most my receipts when I get home (if they are in the bag) the rest are stuffed in my purse and I toss when I am in the car and bored. There have been time when I wanted to return something and could not find the receipt so it's not always a great idea. I have a home folder where I try to put major purchases receipts

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I keep almost all receipts until after I get DD's reports done. I have two files set up for this. One for her and then one for me, both this monthly folders. That way if I forget to put one of her receipts in her box I can find it in mine.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
good idea.
I have taped them to the box before or left in my wallet if it's one that I am debating (like my soda stream)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I always keep a receipt in my purse until I write it in the checkbook and then, if it's not a receipt for something that may need to be returned, I toss it. If I may need to return something on the receipt then I put it in a spot on my desk until I know I won't need it anymore and then toss it.