OT - Australian Floods - thinking of our QLD Magic Elf forum members

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PossumOz

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
South Australia
I know I probably should post this in the "Chit Chat" forum but I'm not sure how much our Magic Elf members visit the other forums.

I'm sure you're all aware of the devastating floods that are taking place here in Australia. 75% of the State of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone and the immediate danger is far from over.

2 of our Aussie elf hosts live in Toowoomba, Queensland which was on Monday devastated by what is being described as a wall of water or inland tsunami. Lives were lost and many people are still missing.

Thinking of Shani and Michelle (modnm) and their families and hoping they are safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else affected by this crisis.

Carol
South Australia

Apologies if I shouldn't post this here.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Praying for their safety and the safety of their loved ones too.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I was thinking about our friends there. Hoping all turns out well.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Adding all of Australia and our family members there to the prayer list. It is so sad.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Sending good thoughts and prayers to our friends Down Under Stay safe!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My thoughts are with our sunshine state members. Hope all is well.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I don't know if this is the "right" place for this post or not, but considering what it is, I would hope that someone didn't get upset by it being in the "wrong" place. This seems to be a caring group and I'm so glad to be a part of it! You're absolutely right in thinking that we don't all read the chit chat. I dont' have much time to read the boards and usually only check on a few of them. I didn't realize that some of our memebers were in that area. Thanks for letting us know and I'll be sure to add them to my prayers. I feel so bad for those people. 3 of my rooms have flooded from heavy rain before and it was such a mess. I can't imagine what those people are going through with a flood like that. It breaks my heart! Going to say some prayers now!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This is the perfect place to share this message, especially if this is the thread those friends would most often visit. I'm sending my prayers along as well. I've been watching it on tv and it's just devastating.

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
It is truly devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with our Queensland friends :(

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
i was thinking this yesterday. hope all are ok and we hear from them soon. x

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
has anyone heard anything?

modnm

Retire Member
Nov 20, 2010
Toowoomba QLD
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayer for those of us in Queensland.
I am counting my blessing , we left the town centre about 45 mins before the inland Tsunami hit town, here in Toowoomba.
Luckily our house in on higher ground, lots of friends live in Murphy's Creek where not so lucky, but building can be rebuilt. I am thankful that they are all safe and my thought go out to those who have lost their lives and those missing still. Also my thoughts and prays are for those in Victoria who are suffering with Floods right now.

Looking forward to more elf activities next christmas after a very successful first year

Michelle

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
glad to hear your ok. x

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
So glad to hear you're ok, Michelle.