Party Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
My husband and I are going away on an anniversary trip (T minus 17 days 'til we leave!!) and our kids birthdays fall just a couple of weeks after we return. So I want to have the bulk of the planning done before we go.

Can you give me any activity/snack/craft/ideasfor the themes my kids have chosen? THANKS!!

DD: Turning 12: Theme : Freaky Friday the 13th. The party will fall on Fri June 13th and she wants to watch the movie "Freaky Friday" where the Mom and the teen daughter switch bodies and learn about the other's lives. No gore or violence, just zany fun. :)

DS: Turning 8: Theme: Outer Space or Race car. Not sure of the exact theme - -will depend what we can find the most fun stuff for. :)

Thanks for all your help!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I did an outer space theme for my son years ago. A few things I remember: I went to NASA's website and got Astronaut ice cream, NASA pencil and stickers for the goody bags; I know one of our games was an obstaccle course - each obstacle was something from space like a big exercise ball was the sun and they had to "orbit" it, avoiding asteroids which were smaller balls they had to run in and out of, moon walk by hopping from one hula hoop to another, etc.

For the Freaky Friday theme snack, perhaps using some of Family Fun's April Fools day foods? http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/family/specialfeature/aprilfools-food-pranks-ms/ Kinda fits in that it's something different than what it appears.

Have a great time on your trip!