Personal Life Goals for November

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Love the t-shirt and the Halloween costume -- both very clever and funny. Hot Mama, feminism was at it's most rabid here about 1980. And don't get me wrong -- I, too, am a feminist, but at this time many women seemed to have forgotten that a major goal was to be able to make one's own choices, and they began to make housewives and stay-at-home moms feel very uninteresting and inadequate, as if they'd clearly made the wrong choice. Sometimes this was subtle, and sometimes blatant, sometimes unintended, sometimes just mean. Shortly after that, they began to hear their own biological clocks, and started working babies into their schedules, but most still felt the need to identify themselves by their "real careers" lest someone think they were "only a housewife"! I understand that feeling, too, and I also know the feeling of not quite measuring up. Maturity and experience have taught me to look at the bigger picture, and that sometimes the right choices may not be the ones that we want, but the ones that are best for those we love. As I said before, you'll never regret the time you've spent with your children, and when they're older, who knows? Again, the best of luck to all of you.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Wow! I needed to read that. I've been struggling with the going back to work thing. The last time I went back to work after staying home while the boys were babies, I got really sick-dehydrated, anemic, extremely severe kidney infection, resulting in a blood transfusion and eventually a hysterectomy. But, I don't think I'm as run down now as I was then. I've been offered a fabulous opportunity to work with kids and make a pretty fair amount of money. We don't NEED the money, but it sure would be nice to have a little "wiggle room". The problem is I don't want to go to another job. I love this one!! I think I'll give it some more thought before totally committing.

Ok, so here's my update:
:
Marriage: continue to meet my sweet DH every Friday for lunch, and try to add in an evening date here and there. Plan a Christmas shopping trip without children, with an adult dinner and shopping! We are doing well with the lunch. I haven't scheduled the shopping trip yet, and in reality, it may have to wait until December.

Family: continue themed family breakfasts; host Thanksgiving for DH's family on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Still in the works

Friends: plan fall gathering with two couples and their children for November 10 May have to postpone this, due to conflicting schedules.

Self: maintain new haircut and color; do my nails more often and continue walking and working out; eating better. Things are going well here!!

Home: continue daily routine, with focus on getting ready for Christmas. Follow Christmas Countdown So-so.

Hobbies: work on Christmas in progress!

Spiritual: work on Christmas Sunday school lessons-get back into the habit of doing my Bible study every morning; pray for DH, our family, extended family, Sunday school class, Youth group and church staff Need to work on this one!

That should keep me busy in November!! It just dawned on me that it's only November 3! LOL!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Almost half way through the month...here's my update:

Marriage:
Watch a Christmas movie together!!!! Spend some time talking about holiday values and what we want Christmas to be like this year.. Partly Done

Family:
McDonald's Monday...breakfast every Monday with DD17...a senior so she will be off and about next year! Nope...can't get on track

Friends:
Game night....November 11th...try new appetizer. DONE>>>>VERY FUN

Self:
GET more sleep...staying up too late playing on the computer. LOL Doing Better

Home:
Keep up with daily chores and cleaning routines...I hate routines but it is the only way to stay on top of stuff... Some improvement

Work:
Purge files....my office needs to be decluttered!!! PARTLY DONE

Hobbies:
Get back to work on my calendar project! Not yet
Create three more trinket boxes Not Yet

Spiritual:
Pray daily for myself and others. Remember it about 4-5 times weekly.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Marriage-Set up babysitting so we can have ,at least, 2 dates this month.not yet
Family-Plan kids Christmas get togetherlooking good for Dec. 1st!
Home-Work on Holiday spruce up listdining room and living room will be complete as soon as I find curtains I like-may have to make them! :frown:
Friends-Plan shopping trip to HomeSense(have e-mailed B to check her calendar.)e-mail didn't go through-haven't followed up. Changing this to craft time with friends!
Self-Drink water, try some sleep-inducing strategiesoops.
Work-Set up an 'ideas' notebooknope-not looking good, huh?
Hobbies-Get booklist and crafts ready for December;work on blogstatred this-blog is challenging. I don't have the know how to reach what I envision!
Spiritual-continue getting Jared to SS and set up Christmas eve plansJared is getting to SS but I don't know what is going on Christmas eve.

thanks for bringing this back to my attention, Gingerbug!

I don't know why I am having a hard time joining in on the personal life goals. It may be that i never really thought about it these past few years between the divorce, moving out of state, and everything else....

But this has inspired me and I am preparing to put myself in the weekly activities in 2008.

So thank you all for showing me that it is not selfish to put yourself "first" sometimes!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Marriage: continue to meet my sweet DH every Friday for lunch, and try to add in an evening date here and there. Plan a Christmas shopping trip without children, with an adult dinner and shopping! We still have lunch every Friday...but the date night won't happen in November!! I"m aiming for a Saturday night in December now!!

Family: continue themed family breakfasts; host Thanksgiving for DH's family on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Both done, both went well

Friends: plan fall gathering with two couples and their children for November Still hasn't happened...I was thinking about doing it this weekend, but now I have this neck thing going on so I'm just not up to entertaining. Maybe January would be a better idea now.

Self: maintain new haircut and color; do my nails more often and continue walking and working out; eating better.
We haven't walked in a week due to weather, the holidays and my above mentioned neck issues. We've decided to start back Monday. I am in need of a cut and color, so I'm booking those appts today for next week, so my hair should be about right for Christmas. I do my own nails and usually do them on Saturday night or Sunday morning. Need to add nail supplies to my shopping list for tomorrow.

Home: continue daily routine, with focus on getting ready for Christmas. Follow Christmas Countdown So off track it's not even funny!! However, things will get done!!

Hobbies: work on Christmas in progress!

Spiritual: work on Christmas Sunday school lessons-get back into the habit of doing my Bible study every morning; pray for DH, our family, extended family, Sunday school class, Youth group and church staff STill working on some of these...I have my Sunday school lessons in my Christmas notebook, and I'll start that series Sunday. My teaparty for my class has been postponed one week due to the neck issues (yeah, yeah, yeah) and I'm working on an on-line Bible study...starts this week.

On to December!!!