Polar Express Train Rides...A magical memory

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Belles

Retire Member
:bigsnow: If you've never experienced a Polar Express Train ride, you've missed making one the most magical memories ever! Even though my boys are older we still enjoy it. Can't do it every year, because it's not that close to our home. The two times we have been we, made it a weekend and even cut our own tree while in the mountains of NC.
Check and see if there is one close to home.

http://www.gsmr.com/reservations/excursions.php#16
http://www.charlestoninn.com/polarexpresstrainride.htm
or just type in Polar Express Train Rides and find something close to
where you live

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
That sounds absolutely magical! My son would adore it as he is mad about trains. Wish we had that here in UK.

:grin:

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I bought tickets for our family up in New Hamshire for the Polar express. We are making a small weekend getaway with it. There is also a Santa villiage we are going to that weekend. I am so excited!

My husband is not thrilled with the 7 hour drive from jersey with 3 kids and (and gas probably hovering around 5 bucks a gallon by then!) but I really wanted to do it this year because my 9 year old is on the verge of doubt about santa. However, hubby is being a good sport!

Anyway, anyone else doing the one in NH??

Kelly :skate:

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
Noelsmommy, I think you're going to really enjoy it. I live in Vermont and I went over there with a couple of my sisiters and two little ones and everyone really enjoyed themselves. You were lucky to get the tickets. Some places have a package deal and there is a two year waiting list for the Polar Express. there is a shop there Called the Wooden Soldier. It's a clothing store for the kids. It's pricey but the clothes are beautiful. They also have a catalog. Have fun

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Yes Jackfrosty! That is the one. Someone posted it last year on OC and I made sure to plan for this year.

Snowqueen, thanks for getting me even more excited about the adventure by telling me of your good experience. We did get a package deal with a place called "the seasons at attiash." It wasn't the quaint little "white christmas inn" that I was looking for, but it has a great indoor pool and game room that the kids will love (we are going with 6 kids between the other family and us.)

I started calling in march, and got my name on a few lists. Some of the places (including the one I am staying at) wouldn't even think about booking until May 1rst. I called first thing in the am and got a Thursday night polar ride. all the Friday and Sat. night ones were gone. One hotel I called called me about a week and a half ago still with tix, so if anyone wants that name, pm me.

I can't wait, I am going to get us awesome Christmas pj's (hubby to) for the ride!
Kelly :bigsnow:

Ps. Snowqueen, I love that catalog, never ordered anything, but will have to check out the store!