Prepare now for Thanksgiving-yes today!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
When the LC made dessert the other day she wrote down it down on the shopping list telling me to get extra for the Holidays. I should go check the other spices too.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Something else to stock up on is things like foil, plastic wrap, sandwich and freezer baggies, wax paper, parchment paper and disposable container to pack extra goodies up for guests or to store all the extra goodies you are baking this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do need more foil and wax paper stuff. Thanks for that reminder.

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Yes! Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Thanks for the reminders.I am checking my expiration dates today and picking up the accessories I need.Foil,plastic wrap etc. jy

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I picked up extra sugar yesterday. Had it sitting on the floor in a plastic bag. This morning Twillow decided he didn't have enough toys so proceeded to bite and claw open the sugar. lol Vacuumed the kitchen just now to get up all the sugar. Boots liked the sugar treat also.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I picked up a few things at Costco this past Friday. The register lady asked me right away "Stocking up for holiday baking"? I wasn't planning on it, but the powdered sugar and brown sugar was so cheap there. So I got those, sugar and pecans (also super cheap for 1 big bag). I already replaced my baking powder and soda, so we're good there. I just need to check spices and pick up some cream cheese when it goes on sale. I always buy a big stack of boxes, because I always make a couple cheesecakes at some point.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yum, cheesecake. I'll be right over with a case of cream cheese.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I think I'm going to make a dessert I made a couple years ago that was OH SO YUMMY!!
It was a carrot cake, with cheese cake in the middle. Talk about yummy!!! This was one of my all time favorites.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This is the one I used when it won a couple years ago. I never did do the drizzle either, but that would be yummy. I had a a couple people like it so much, they paid me to make a couple the next year.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I thought I'd add, if you plan on buying anything fall like or for thanksgiving specifically from Hobby Lobby or Michaels..or craft stores in general, you really need to do it now. Once Halloween comes, its gone. They clear it all out now, to get ready for Christmas. I learned that a few years ago and sure enough I was at Michaels on Monday and EVERYTHING was marked down to 70% off already to move it out. Some decorative serving dishes..and anything with fall colors. That amazes me, but I can see why I guess. I just know I would wait till after Halloween to worry about it and nothing was left.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I now have all new and fresh holiday spices put away in there containers. It smelled so nice.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been noticing a lot of baking supplies on sale at the grocery stores and many of these items have coupons available online or in the sunday inserts. I am picking up a few extra baking supplies each pay check so I will have everything on hand for my holiday baking including my Christmas cookies. Too many times I have waited until last minute only to find an ingredient like molasses or cocoa sold out. An added bonus is now several stores will be starting their free turkey promotion when you spend X amount of money. Buying these extra baking supplies when on sale during this time frame will help you get that free turkey.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
check your serving dishes

Time to check your serving dishes to see if you need something new. Do you have a roasting pan for your turkey or do you need to buy one of those foil ones? (Be sure to put those foil ones on a cookie sheet when cooking your turkey/ham.)