Preparing for the elves to return

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

leshiahatch

Retire Member
Oct 24, 2010
Hello last year was the first year we had elves and it was a blast. How do you bring them back each year. The first year was easy because I just used the letters here. Do you have your kids write a letter to santa asking for the elves to come back. Do the elves write and tell the kids they are coming. Any info or tidbits would be greatly appreciated.

Btw I have talked 2-3 of my friends into getting elves this year. It's going to be so much fun. We are going to have an elf planning meeting lol.

TIA,
Leshia

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

i do get my kids to write to santa (included in their gifts they would like letter we send to royal mail who reply) asking for our elves by name to come back and visit. our elves have already sent an email saying santa has said they can come back to us as long as all of their north pole jobs are done and our kids write to him....

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Leshia,

I love the idea of an elf planning meeting! This will be my first year with elves, so I am not going to be much help, but maybe your kids could write letters to the elves themselves at the North Pole? or the elves could write to them asking if it is OK for them to visit again?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I haven't even thought about the elves yet this year. I need to get busy! My kids just kind of know that they will show up shortly after Thanksgiving.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
hmmm, ours turn up dec 1st...they will have to be on "special assignment" though b/c dd has her region Oireachtas in orlando dec 3/4 so we are leaving on the 2nd.. she will not appreciate the elves turning up there but since it's all about me :) (she's 16 so I can say that :) ) they will. guess they will have to bring the good luck sign. :)

maggie

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
This will be the second year for us as well. My girls are still a bit young for writing a letter, so I am going to have the elves send them a letter letting them know they will be arriving. It will be December 1st for us. I am not sure yet whether the elves will advise of the date in their letter or not. I guess if they do, we can make a big deal on November 30th of making sure their rooms are tidy and they are ready!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
I'd love to do elves. But I don't have any children yet.
I should collate all the information shared here and then when the time comes I'll be more than prepared ;D

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I need to get to planning as well. I will prob have their mail box show up this week w/ a Christmas candy treat in it and a letter saying they are assigned to be back here again this year and wanting to be sure we will be home Thankgiving (b/c they usually arive Thanksgiving day) We will have to put a letter back saying no and giving them my parents address so they can show up there this year. That will be something different for all of us.