Question?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
To all my crafty friends,

I am the most uncrafty person that I know. I have no idea if these work or are successful?

DS has always had a thing for Donald Duck. I have found some iron on embroidered patches. I am thinking of getting them to iron them onto a polo style shirt for him.

Has anyone ever used patches like these before? Do they work? Do they stay ironed on? Is there any fabric that they don't stay on. I am going to use some type of cotton fabric.

This is just a random idea floating around my head. Any feedback would be welcomed.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Hmm good question. Depends on how sturdy they are. Like. Traditional patch should do ok. Synthetic material's are not as good they can melt so stick w/ cotton, polo's would be good.
On a side note DS10 likes Donald Duck as well.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Sorry I don't have any personal experience. I would suggest you might do some Google research if no one here has better information. I would also suggest that you stick with 100% cotton and be sure to wash it inside-out.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Thanks ladies,

I will order the patches and try them- only cost a few $ so worth a try.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
when my kids were smaller, I bought the t-shirts from Hobby Lobby when they were 50% off because I have kids that spill everything on their shirts!!! Then I ironed on patches and initials (for my daughter) and they stayed on very well even through washing lots of times. It made really cute outfits. They don't seem to stay on denim jackets and thicker materials very well though. Also BE SURE TO TURN OFF THE STEAM on the iron!!!! it will ruin a patch! I have ruined several and several knee patches!! LOL

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think the iron on patches are a great idea. Give it a go, it can't hurt.