Rudolph Days 2020...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I don't always get a chance to celebrate Rudy Days on the 25th, depends on work schedules. When I get the chance though I will,
I plan to work on more crafts for Christmas 2020,
I would like to look through the gift closet and update my planner, be in a good place with prep,
I would like to look at Pintrest for some different stocking filler and craft ideas,
I would like to sit with a coffee/hot chocolate, some peppermint fudge and watch a movie.
Not sure what else I will do, I just don't want the days to go passed without doing something.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Would it be possible to list more than a movie? Not that all of them would have to filled in each month.

Movie
Book
Magazine
Blog
YouTube craft or cooking thing
Pinterest idea

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, what a great idea.
Maybe try a recipe that you might want to serve for Christmas.
I like the idea of all watching a youtube story.

Lots of things that we can try.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We could maybe list several Rudy Day options and then folks can participate as they desire? Having some suggestions for each month might make it fun!

I also was thinking that it might work well to post the thread for each month towards the beginning of the month instead of right before the 25th. I think that so often we forget - at least I do - that a Rudolph Day is coming up and don't plan for what to do.

Chatting as we go along might help with that? What do you guys think?

Would folks be willing to come up with suggestions for movie, book or story, magazine, blog, YouTube craft or cooking video and a Pinterest pin or board for a given month?

If that is too much I am happy to fill in where needed on any given month!

Also, if someone else prefers to be the official organizer of these threads I am totally fine with that - no worries either way but I am happy to do it! :D

I can take January to get us started?

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I can do February if that’s ok? I have a movie and a couple of other ideas. I like the idea of starting early. It always sneaks up on me.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Great idea! I'll put up a post to list titles and we can keep this thread open for comments and further conversation.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
We could maybe list several Rudy Day options and then folks can participate as they desire? Having some suggestions for each month might make it fun!

I also was thinking that it might work well to post the thread for each month towards the beginning of the month instead of right before the 25th. I think that so often we forget - at least I do - that a Rudolph Day is coming up and don't plan for what to do.

Chatting as we go along might help with that? What do you guys think?

Would folks be willing to come up with suggestions for movie, book or story, magazine, blog, YouTube craft or cooking video and a Pinterest pin or board for a given month?

If that is too much I am happy to fill in where needed on any given month!

Also, if someone else prefers to be the official organizer of these threads I am totally fine with that - no worries either way but I am happy to do it! :D

I can take January to get us started?
How early would you like the reminder post to be up? Is the 10th too early? I'm determined to get all these dates in my planner so I don't miss putting up an important reminder (and let's face it, next to Christmas, Rudolph Day is very important!).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
I can do February if that’s ok? I have a movie and a couple of other ideas. I like the idea of starting early. It always sneaks up on me.
How early would you like the reminder post to be up? Is the 10th too early? I'm determined to get all these dates in my planner so I don't miss putting up an important reminder (and let's face it, next to Christmas, Rudolph Day is very important!).

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Sounds good. Can I just say how excited I am about this new idea for Rudolph Day? Any thoughts of post-Christmas blues are banished in the excitement of the great movie, book, magazine, blog, YouTube, and Pinterest suggestions to come!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Any thoughts of post-Christmas blues are banished in the excitement of the great movie, book, magazine, blog, YouTube, and Pinterest suggestions to come!
I agree, I am excited to see where these new Rudolph day plans take us. Once I see what sort of ideas we will run with I will grab a month.
I suppose we can miss July on this thread as there is a separate CIJ thread that runs all month.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm taking all of our leftover Christmas candy and candy canes and dividing it into 11 treatbags so I can have a Christmas bag to enjoy on each Rudolph Day :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I'm taking all of our leftover Christmas candy and candy canes and dividing it into 11 treatbags so I can have a Christmas bag to enjoy on each Rudolph Day :)
That is an amazing idea.....brilliant

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
For January's Rudy Day selections - I've reserved The Bishop's Wife at the library but none of the branches have Louisa May Alcott's Christmas Treasury, so I ordered a copy from Amazon. I missed out on the movie last year, so I'll be happy to see it. The book looks like one to cherish.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have the Bishop's Wife. And the remake ... The Preacher's Wife with Whitney. I didn't watch it at Christmas ... so I'll look forward to it.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul