santa's magic key

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
just in case one doesn't have a chimney, michael's craft store has big metal keys (they are cute) in the dollar section. These come in handy when someone asks "well how does santa get in your house?"... :)

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Thanks. WE got one from a catalogue a few yrs ago when we were living in an apt. They are really cute. We have a fireplace now but I still hang it on our door.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I saw some big old-fashioned keys written 'Santa' on them too... I think they were around $6 at Arteq.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have had a magic key for years. Fireplaces in Australia are really rare so we have always had to have a solution. It is hot here at Christmas and often have a window open, so Santa sometimes has to come through the window!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I love magic keys. I might go buy a few of them to give as baby gifts to people who don't have a chimney in their homes. It would come as no surprise to anyone that they would get something for Christmas as a baby gift!

Mackiesmudder

Premiere Member
May 21, 2010
Hackettstown, NJ
I am in the process right now of making one for my grandson, Anthony! :)
Years ago, I used to use a big, brass, key ring and i found it in my junk drawer along with some funky, old time keys. I am painting the key green and will attach it to the ring and figure out some way to jazz it up. I found a poem and I am going to tweak that up a bit. I was thinking that his Elf will have that with him when he makes his first appearance!

Cathie :smilegift:

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I am in the process right now of making one for my grandson, Anthony! :)
Years ago, I used to use a big, brass, key ring and i found it in my junk drawer along with some funky, old time keys. I am painting the key green and will attach it to the ring and figure out some way to jazz it up. I found a poem and I am going to tweak that up a bit. I was thinking that his Elf will have that with him when he makes his first appearance!

Cathie :smilegift:

sounds cool, would love to see your poem. :)

maggie

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I love keys :) We had an old skeleton key tied with a red ribbon for the 'how does he get into the house'. Now it is just a decoration.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
our "santa key" is a door key from my old flat, found in a box of odds and ends, it has pretty sparkly ribbon on it. and as my flat was 15mins up road and no-1 here knew me at my flat, i know both my house and the flat are safe.