scavenger hunt ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

i plan for bertie to send the kids on a scavenger hunt - eg he leaves them a list of things to find.

need ideas for it though.

not sure if to do it for his name - bertie elfkins and they have to find something that begins with each letter. or they have to find xmas stuff etc.

please post ideas.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hadnt thought of that - leaves n "safe" berries to make a picture or card.

any other ideas?

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Like the idea of doing by the letters of his name. Depends on the age of your kids really.

You could have it be more like a treasure map reading. Make the map and have clues that say "go 3 paces north and with a mouse's eyes find your 2nd piece of the map to where the treasure is" and then have the clue and the next clue under the couch or chair etc... Then have them put all the clues pieces of map together to show where they will find the final "treasure" whatever that may be - tickets to a holiday movie , dinner, etc...

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
I saw an idea for a scavenger hunt where you placed Christmas decorations around that weren't quite right-ie. too many wise men, 1/2 eaten candy canes, Rudolf with a green nose. Whoever found the most number of weird Christmas things wins.
Also you could buy a bunch of reindeer, ornaments, candy canes, whatever -and whoever finds the most wins.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
What is the end result? are they going to find a small treat? Bertie himself? Does everyone win or just the person that gets there first... Also how old are the kiddos?

If it's to go somewhere they could hid little clues along the way w/ a clue to the next hiding place and at the end is Bertie w/ the info on the prize.

Or the idea of pices of a craft at each stop however you might need to break it up or it would be a quick trip.
Or maybe stuff needed to bake cookies

I think if they are to find thing that begin w/ each letter by using his whole name might be a lot of letters to find stuff for.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

the older 2 will be 8 and 5 by dec, baby is 13months so he wont really understand.

not sure on prize yet, just had the thought of the scavenger hunt! LOL! i was thinking somewhere outside so they are not stuck indoors all the time but really not sure.

berties name - is bertie elfkins, so not too long but does have 3 "e's". ummmm........

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I saw an idea for a scavenger hunt where you placed Christmas decorations around that weren't quite right-ie. too many wise men, 1/2 eaten candy canes, Rudolf with a green nose. Whoever found the most number of weird Christmas things wins.
Also you could buy a bunch of reindeer, ornaments, candy canes, whatever -and whoever finds the most wins.

ooooh, I like this idea... it would fit right in with our elves... they are a little crazy after all. :)

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
well after much thought etc, we got tickets for local panto - the prize!!! and after even more thought i have managed to come up with 28 clues which will have he boys running up and downstairs, inside and out!!! LOL!

if any use to anyone, the clues i have made are:

1.A special present is yours to find, jump up now! Move your behind! Yes its the truth....don't think i am a liar, to find your next clue, go to the tumble dryer. (WRITTEN IN ELF JOURNAL)

2.tall and green and covered in lights, i look great on wintery nights (XMAS TREE -LOUNGE)

3.today has been busy, and i am half dead, i cant wait to go upstairs to a nice BIG bed. (MY BEDROOM - UPSTAIRS)

4.Whoops!!! no...it's not in this place, look somewhere you can see your face (DOWNSTAIRS MIRROR)

5.now hurry up, stop moving like a snail, your next clue is where we get the letters and mail. (LETTERBOX FRONT DOOR)

6.oh no, its not where you were told. why dont you look somewhere very cold. (FREEZER)

7.Too cold in here, but it's not far, why not look where Dad parks the car. (OUTSIDE FRONT)

8.i make your room bright when you try and read a book at night(ELDEST TABLE LAMP BEDROOM)

9.close your eyes and make a wish, go and look at the tank of fish (LOUNGE)

10.need a drink? get water from the kitchen sink (KITCHEN SINK)

11.it doesnt take a key or have any locks but you will find it in a drawer of socks. (MIDDLE SON SOCKS BEDROOM)

12.You've found lots of clues; now find some more. Start by looking on the bathroom door. (BATHROOM)

13.round and round, to and fro, i clean your clothes you know! (WASHING MACHINE -KITCHEN)

14.big and round, i'm on the ground, ounce by ounce i make you bounce. (TRAMPOLINE -OUTSIDE GARDEN)

15.dont spill the beans when you sit down. (BEAN BAGS - LOUNGE)

16.i go up and down but not side to side, but i dont move BUT you do. (STAIRS)

17.a place dad likes to cook, go outside and take a look (BBQ - OUTSIDE GARDEN)

18.where will you find your next clue? maybe where the outdoors is closed from view. (LOUNGE CURTAINS)

19.a plastic triangle made for clothes, in the wardrobe is where it goes. (ELDESTS BEDROOM)

20.all in a row, lined up neat, we add flavour and make your food a treat. (SPICE RACK -KITCHEN)

21.rub a dub dub, these float in BLAKE'S bath tub. (BOATS - BATHROOM)

22.theres a black box thats linked to the tv, you play games on it, its called the wii. (LOUNGE)

23.a doll for the girls, a car for the boys, i am the home for all of your toys. (BLAKES TOY BOX BEDROOM)

24.when mum has hold of 1 of these, you need to smile and say cheese (MUMS CAMERA - LOUNGE)

25.have the reindeer already flown, did we get missed out? you better ring santa on the telephone (HALLWAY)

26.they push this thing you hear a ding, if its gone wrong you hear a dong. (DOORBELL -OUTSIDE FRONT)

27.when the baby's in here asleep you'd better be quiet. (COT - LOUNGE)

28.a photo-card through the post was sent, to celebrate this christmas event!(CARD FROM BERTIE - LOUNGE)

29.well done for following the clues, heres a special gift for you. (TICKETS)