September Turkey Day 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Beautiful idea. I wish I didn't have to sleep and could just stay awake all the time doing all this fun-type stuff!

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I just loved the designs on the cards! I'm going to print and save the instructions!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I tend to save things like this into my notebook too. Sometimes they disappear.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I am late to this post, but those invitations and placecards, etc. are beautiful! I love the colored leaves!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
The lasagna would be great with some added turkey!

Really like the cards and name setting :)

I have been searching the sales for Thanksgiving items, still cannot figure out what a 'good' price for a turkey would be?

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I wish I'd made a note of the price I payed for my turkey last year!!!

Must do that this year!

A local chain of grocery stores here ran a sale during November that was so great! If you bought at least $20 worth of other groceries with them you got a free gallon of milk and the turkey was something like $0.99 a lb, maybe $0.89 a lb.

It was a really good deal!!! :)

We have been unable to find canned pumpkin in our area. Apparently there was a bad crop and none of our local stores will be carrying any until the end of October sometime.

I have already stashed away one can of French Fried Onions for topping green bean casseroles with! We eat a few of those during the holiday season, at least! And those cans are not cheap!

Must check to see if Sam's Club has the bulk bags available yet. That was a good deal last year. Instead of paying $3 for a can, it was something like $8 for a large bag that would do about 4 casseroles...

Don't you just love talking about holiday food? :elf:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
AuntJamelle a couple of the grocery stores here had a similar sale like that last year. I remember when you could get a turkey for $.49/lb for frozen turkeys. In recent years though the lowest I've seen for turkeys is $.89/lb.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I think, just today, that I decided to do Thanksgiving at my house and invite my parents. The boys will be with their mom and DH's family will be at his sister's house and that's too far for us to travel in a short amount of time. That means I'll be on the lookout for pumpkin filling and turkey's too!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You will have so much fun this Thanksgiving. Let us know how it goes and what you decide to make.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Love the black and white.

I was trying to convince my husband that we do NOT need 'new' dishes (we have a large serving set of white), but how great it would be to have chargers and some new items to interchange for the seasons :)

He told me to show him a picture lol Because he is still not loving the white. I will have to show him this one!