Special Halloween 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Corona-cases increase again and my kids ask about Halloween all the time. In the past we invited a few kids for a Halloween-snack in the late afternoon. Afterwards they had her "trick or treat" tour in our neighbourhood. But this year? I don't know what we should do - invite a few Kids or not? Can we go around in our neighbourhood?
Do you have any ideas?
I don't want to cancel Halloween at all but we have to find a Corona-friendly way...

Chilli

Reactions: rabble

rabble

Premiere Member
Jun 19, 2020
Uk
Corona-cases increase again and my kids ask about Halloween all the time. In the past we invited a few kids for a Halloween-snack in the late afternoon. Afterwards they had her "trick or treat" tour in our neighbourhood. But this year? I don't know what we should do - invite a few Kids or not? Can we go around in our neighbourhood?
Do you have any ideas?
I don't want to cancel Halloween at all but we have to find a Corona-friendly way...

Chilli
I saw a picture on Pinterest I believe where a woman had built a social distancing treat dispenser. She was basically sliding candy down a long tube and the trick or treat or hands! Were at the other end waiting.

I doubt we'll have any trick or treaters this year, so we'll decorate the house, watch a not-so-scary film, and maybe do some Halloween baking.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Our governor already stated he was not canceling Halloween and the will give out suggestions on safe practices for trick or treating. We plan on handing out candy this year. We will have a table set up in the front yard, as the kids walk up we will spread out candy and other snacks on the table and back up from the table and tell the kids they can each take 2. If the goodies are spread out enough then the kids can grab what they want with out touching a bunch of other goodies and we can keep our distance from those who wish to maintain that social distancing.

Reactions: rabble

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Our governor is not cancelling Halloween either. Since it is an outdoor activity it is basically ok. Of course you will have to do it masked and in a socially distant manner

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We haven't heard anything yet about Halloween, it's still too early. Our state is allowing tourists to come back 16 days before so we'll see what happens. The numbers may shoot up right before the holiday and we'll be on restriction again.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
We have talked about not handing out candy this year. Have not decided for sure.

The neighbor is building some type of slide in the shape of a shark for his front porch. The kids will enjoy it.

Reactions: rabble and Lana

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
the whole canceling Halloween is interesting...I mean who is to keep people from going honestly. If it was back in March/April maybe, because we didn't know what to expect, but controlling that now...not sure that will happen.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
They are allowing trick or treating here. We are still debating what to do. DD said she had not planned on going anyway, but not sure what we'll do about Eli. He can't eat most of the candy anyway with his braces. I am seriously considering just having a party with just us, watching scary movies with all sorts of snacks and dressing up in costume, playing games, etc. DH said something about creating a candy shoot from DS's second story window to hand out candy and then I got to thinking about how that would be cool to create a strobe light effect and something creepy in the window. We are very undecided. Or we could put out a table to prevent people from coming up to the porch and spread out the candy.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DH said something about creating a candy shoot from DS's second story window to hand out candy and then I got to thinking about how that would be cool to create a strobe light effect and something creepy in the window.
Our neighbors are making some type of shark shoot for their elevated front porch. I think it would be so much fun for the kids that do go out.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom