Spotted Halloween decor already put up

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
When do you decorate for Halloween? What do you think is too early to decorate your home for Halloween?

Taking Samuel to school this morning, I spotted a house at the bottom of the hill from me that already had ghosts and a big bat in the tree in their front yard. Granted last year I decorated in September because I was so anxious but other houses on base where we lived were already decorated as well, so I didn't feel so alone. So far, this is the only house i've seen with anything out. I don't plan on doing mine until the very end of the month, mainly because I don't have the energy right now and my mom would kill me if I put it out too early. LOL

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
The week of Halloween. This year it lands on the Friday, so we will put it up Sunday afternoon. :jack:

I will take down the fall decorations (pumpkins, scarecrows...) and let my husband and boys transform the front to a graveyard - oh boy!

The side porch will receive the 'witches' treatment!

In the past I would have just carved my pumpkins into jack-0-lanterns and added some black cats and spiders. I have agreed to a haunting!
I am sure it will take more then one season to get it right. lol

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have always put my Halloween deco's out on Oct 6th my birthday. But last year everyone started putting them out the first week of September. No one has done anything yet. But just today I was thinking I should decided when I am going to start getting them out. I am thinking I just may wait until Oct 6th todo them.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have a confession to make...I already have a pumpkin. The Great Pumpkin (my delightful BF) delivered it late one night this week and left it for me to find in the morning. I'll have to bring it inside this weekend - with temperatures expected to be 90 degrees + I don't want it to bake! That being said I would not have bought myself a pumpkin yet, but I love him for being so sweet.

I do have my fall wreath on the door and some fall decorations up. I'll finish the fall stuff this weekend and then at the end of September/first weekend of October I take some fall stuff down and work in the Halloween decorations in with the rest of the fall things.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I will decorate for Halloween at the beginning of October. As I do my monthly chores I will decorate then - I only do the Kitchen and living room for Halloween so it won't take long. Oh! and a little some thing in the porch to welcome visitors.

I put out my Autumn decor this week , it's not much just some bits and bobs in the Dining room and some in the kitchen.

:frosty:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, people already think I'm crazy, but I don't care! I decided a long time ago that this is MY house and I'll decorate when I want! LOL!!

I have a few fall things out, but I don't put out the Halloween stuff until October 1 or so...I have a fall wreath on the front door, and a basket or two of sunflowers and fall colored foliage...made a Trick or Treat banner yesterday that I do have up, but that's mostly because I want my Bunco friends to see it tonight and long for one enough to pay me to make them one!! LOL!!

I don't do the gory, spooky Halloween, just cutesy stuff. I do mostly fall, even for the Boo!Bash2. I have several paper craft banners done for the back porch for the party! I'll be posting pictures on the Haunted Hamlet when I get it done.

And don't forget the Virtual Fall Tour of Homes that we will be doing soon (looks like mid-October right now). The date will be announced Monday here and on the Haunted Hamlet. Should be lots of fun!!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My best friend and I went to this Halloween store that just opened up. It's located where an AC Moore (they moved a few blocks down the road) craft store use to be so it is really big and full of stuff. We had a ball in there. They have everything from costumes and accessories to scenery and outdoor decor, to scary/gory animated characters like Jason (Friday the 13th), Hannibal Lecther (sp?). The Jason character was really scary and so lifelike. I was scared to go near it. As we were leaving the store we noticed a scary woman laying on the floor. As we walked towards it, she started crawling towards us moaning and crying. Then she would crawl back. It scared the you-know-what out of me. I told my girlfriend she would be great hiding between the bushes. As people walk up the walkway the woman could come from between the bushes. It would be so unexpected.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Here's the website of the store I visited yesterday. They sent me a 10% off coupon. Will give it to my best friend. They're open now til November 2nd. I know my friend and her husband will be there after Halloween for their 50%-75% off sales for next year.

Spirit Halloween