Summer 2010 HGP

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
For those who are interested in giving the Summer HGP a try this year -- things kick off with a "Planning Week" beginning on Sunday, May 2nd! Using this "planning week" is a very good idea. Trying this plan during May - August.... is a very different experience!

One person posting on the Yahoo group "Holiday Grand Plan" wrote...... that she needs to rearrange the weeks on the plan. She said that she will NOT do the "Attic Week" during July/August...... and she will rearrange that week into May.

I want to give this a try. At the very least...... the planning week will give me a chance to really think about the summer months. and figure out what will be going on in our lives!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I want to do this too!!

SparkleNana- Are you going to facilitate??

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
AnnieClaus.... if "facilitate" means...... "to jabber frequently and enthusiastically".... then I will be happy to facilitate! Yes...... I will facilitate...... I will be a "cheerleader for this Summer HGP". I just ask...... please, please -- EVERYBODY BE BACK-UP!!!! If I faint away from summer heat and humidity.... I don't want to spoil everybody's chances of getting HGP stuff done this summer!!!!

For now -- the HGP Summer Planning Week kicks off on May 2nd! THIS Sunday! But -- if this Sunday is really busy for you -- just jump in now and/or tomorrow. It is probably A GREAT THING for us to look at the 18 weeks of summer as a whole! (May 1 - August 31.) Instead of my usual pattern..... which is trying to live through one day. And then.... trying to survive the next. And the next.

I think that a HGP Notebook is a good thing. It doesn't have to be a formal notebook -- with pages printed out on the computer. Just a notebook to write down little jobs that we accomplish! So... we can look at it and see that we ACTUALLY ARE achieving things! It can make us HAPPY!

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
SparkleNana-

Yes, that is what I was thinking- and maybe listing what we are to be working on for the week. I think it goes in order of the Regular Holiday Grand Plan.

But, like you said- we can taylor it to our own needs and houses.

And- I will be back up.

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It will be interesting to see how this works for me. Obviously being in Australia we are heading into our winter months. I am not a huge fan of Summer and I am thinking that doing the HGP now could really work for me so that by the time that the spring/summer gets here I will be well prepared. I will certainly sit down on Sunday and decide what I really want to achieve in each area of my house and get started early next week if possible.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I created a new thread -- with the Schedule for the Summer 2010 Holiday Grand Plan. I should say - the Original Schedule -- which everybody is supposed to tailor to their own summer life.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Just saw the new thread- looks GREAT!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Even though it is still early May --- having people work on the Summer HGP is REALLY helping me psychologically! It gives me something wonderful to think about -- instead of just trying to survive the oppressive heat and humidity! (Which we ALREADY have in the mid-Atlantic USA)!!!

And the Summer HGP JOURNAL -- keeps a record of all my little "baby steps" towards getting things in better shape for Christmas 2010! It is SUCH a positive thing!

Together -- I feel that we keep putting little, positive, forward-moving steps together! We are ACTUALLY accomplishing things -- while encouraging each other to have as much "Christmas fun" as we can squeeze in!!! Talk about WIN-WIN!!!!!!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Sparklenana, thanks for heading this up. I am a little behind, but I did get my list of things that I want to accomplish on cleaning my front porch today. I have a huge front porch. It is about 8-10 feet wide and about 30 feet long. It is a covered porch and I do dearly love it. Sometimes I think it is too big when I think about occupying the space, and making it look cozy. I plan on getting my housework that I usually do on Saturdays done today and tomorrow, so that I can do all the porch on Saturday. Whew. Then to start on the living room, which I don't think will be as bad for me. We'll see. I am so going to enjoy this.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It HAS been helpful for me to keep a small notebook/journal for the Summer HGP!!! BECAUSE... progress IS actually being made.... in small steps many days.. with days (and even a whole week) when NOTHING was done... for the Summer HGP. "Real life" ALWAYS get dealt with.... as long as we ARE alive!

But.... looking through the notes.... I see that the "baby steps" absolutely DO add up. So.... jump in and begin..... or start over... or keep going! We are all absolutely great!!!