Summer Cleaning Week???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've really slaXcked off keeping track on MHH with everything going on this summer, but I CAN say I've been keeping up fairly well at home with my original list. Based on that list, I think we're on week 10...

This week I'm going through my kids' rooms. We did a pretty good job back in March/April and we aren't at a point where we have to change out clothes, which always takes me forever. Also, everything that needs to be done, they will be responsible for.

[X][X][X] clear off top of dresser, dust
[X][X][] clear off nightstand, dust
[X][X][X] clear off desk, dust
[X][X][X] put away all toys, junk that doesn't belong in room
[][][] wash windows
[][][] vacuum

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
My children finish school in a couple of weeks for the Summer Holidays so i aim to tackle their rooms before then.

My youngest daughter is such a hoarder that i have to really keep on top of her room but saying that she is the one that makes an effort to keep tidy , my eldest daughter has less in her room and it is always so messy, in the end it was easier for her if i gave her a list of tasks that she could tick off rather tah just say tidy your room!

Pamelajane

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
I am just abotu to undertake this task this week - I am in a small 2 bed flat though so shouldnt take me a full week jsut a few dedicated days.

My son finishes school on 22nd July so am hopign to have it done by then. Fingers crossed.

I need to get rid fo a fair few toys that he has in his room - there is way to many and i want to clear out his room befor ei redecorate it - it is currently winnie the pooh and i want ot go with more a power rangers theme now he is a fair bit older. plus its a theme that both him and his brother have agreed on so works for bothof them even though SS isonlyhere one night a week

So today my tasks will be
::eek:rnament: sort through toys
::eek:rnament: bag up toys to go/be freecycled
::eek:rnament: bin usuable toys
::eek:rnament: sort through clothes
::eek:rnament: again bag them up for auntie who has a son 6 months younger

these are my main to do lists as the rest of the room is pretty tidy besides the floor needing hoovering but i cna do it cos my hoover blew up

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I am working in my living room this week-- putting everything back or getting rid of things. I am the middle of painting so everything is getting moved and removed.

I have photo albums to put in my office-- motivation to redo the albums this winter and I am cleaning out our catch all closet.

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
My Mom was here for a month, so did not get much done. Though I did a pretty good of keeping it picked up. But no matter how picked up your home is Mom always finds fault with it!! But we did have a great time!!