Summer Party Theme: Pirates

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Our summer party is tentatively set for July 19th....and the theme is Pirates...every year we have a backyard bash and pick a different theme...last year after Halloween we picked up some great pirate stuff on clearance. The trouble I always have with out door parties is trying to make the areqa looked decoarted when it is just such and open space. So I will be pobndering that. Also table set up and some other items,....would love to hear some outdoor decorating ideas for this theme is you think of any!!!

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
You could take a black bed sheet and put a skull and cross bones on it with white paint...it would be a big backdrop that could take up a good amount of space.

chrissyjean

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
The black sheet is an excellent idea, and maybe if you found some large cardboard boxes, you could decorate them to look like treasure chests... and have some beads hangingout of them?? I also know how to make paper treasure chest out of brown paper bags, I could show you that trick sometime and maybe we could make some centerpieces or something????

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
If you can't find a black sheet maybe you can find a big black tarp.

You could also make some other smaller flags out of scarp fabric, paint them to be other pirate symbols or parts of a ship or island names etc... and tie them to bamboo poles placed in the ground all around the yard. Maybe "galley" for the area where the food is.

Maybe make a poster with "pirate" words and their translations hanging up somewhere. CHeck here for some inspiration http://www.talklikeapirateday.com/translate/

You've got to have a big X spray painted on the lawn or something for "x marks the spot" on the pirate map.

I know there is more spinning around in my head.

I will post later----- the babe is crying.