Super Boel Sunday

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
(I typed this once before and sent it into cyberspace without a subject line. So if you have read this before, I apologize).

This is ALMOST a National Holiday!!! Will you celebrate?

I WILL celebrate! I will watch some of the game and try to watch ALL of the commercials! The time period for the commercials sold for two million dollars for thirty seconds of time! So - naturally - a huge amount of effort has gone into creating GREAT commercials!!!

We are having people come to our house to watch with us. I have lots of fresh fruits and veggies and three kinds of dip set out. I have 14 avacados to make guacamole at the last minute! This is the only time of year I buy potato chips (I love them but I am already pretty fat.) But I bought three kinds of potato chips this year, and guacamole! And great big grinders (submarine sandwiches) and quiches.

At half time, I will serve southern style greens (cooked with shallots and garlic and bacon and spicy sausages. The meat is 'vegetarian meat" but nobody ever notices.) Also lots of chili - vegetarian - and flavored rice -- this is for half time, with great french bread and hot biscuits. And lots of desserts too.

So - if you are not going anywhere to watch the game - please mentally watch it here at our house with us. Those of us on this board are not separated by time and distance. We are united by our love (for Christmas) which flows outwards from our hearts.

Gingerbug has truly created a magical place for us - here in cyberspace.

:grouphug:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Oh yes, we celebrate! We're breaking tradition a little by going to a neighbor's house instead of our own party. I'm bringing buffalo chicken dip and chili. He is a chef and always makes fancy gourmet stuff whenever we get together, but for today we told him he's not allowed because pate and froo-froo horsdevours just DON'T belong at Superbowl parties ... LOL!

Have fun everyone!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I would so come celebrate at your house SparkleNana. We aren't doing anything special. If DH were here I would have made snacks and stuff but since he's not, nothing. I'll probably watch the game, because I like the commercials and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers are the half time show!!

I will definitely be celebrating but most likely at home since we have been sick!!! My oldest was up at 3 am getting sick all over the bed and carpet so it has not been a good day. I already had previously bought spinach and artichoke dip and tostitoes, mozzarella sticks, I have items for dip and other things. I was going to try and make the buffalo chicken dip but don't think it will be stomach friendly for us today!!

Let's Go Giants!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Nope note here... It's not yet as big a tradition here in Canada as in the US... but it's getting there!!!
DS is going to his friends house.. to celebrate... he brought a pizza, chips and soft drinks. They each bring something (nothing that's too "healthy").
DD is going to her friend's house too... she brought the french fries. They also have a list and everyone brings something different.
DH is gone to a hockey game... but will be back by 6:30.

I'm here all by myself but I will look at the Superbowl a bit... even thought I don't really understand the game.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
christmascreations said:
I will definitely be celebrating but most likely at home since we have been sick!!! My oldest was up at 3 am getting sick all over the bed and carpet so it has not been a good day. I already had previously bought spinach and artichoke dip and tostitoes, mozzarella sticks, I have items for dip and other things. I was going to try and make the buffalo chicken dip but don't think it will be stomach friendly for us today!!

Let's Go Giants!!!

Hope you all feel better soon.

We re getting ready to watch. Have pizza, chips & cheese dip & soda, our little superbowl party. Like both teams but rooting for the Giants good luck to both teams.