Thanksgiving Countdown...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Trying to get things in order and review the boards and forums and I realized I forgot to "wake up" the sleeping Thanksgiving Countdown.....Should have done that at the end of
October....lots of good info in this forum!!!

:turkey:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Last year was the first year I haven't hosted Thanksgiving in about four or five years. My sister in law did and she wants to again this year.

Actually I found it sort of nice because then I could just concentrate on my graitutude brunch which falls on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I must say my own children perfer it at our house though. :)

How does your family decide who hosts? For years we went to my family AND my inlaws and then after we lost mom things changed. Then my mother in law got too old to feel like hosting and so things changed again..........

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My MIL decides year to year...it is "her" holiday. My parents are in FL, so no double celebrations. This year I was graciously assigned hosting duties, LOL! I prefer to be home - it's just easier with the boys.

I need to go check out the Thanksgiving Countdown! Thank you!

I love the idea of your gratitude brunch!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My mom hosted Thanksgiving while I did Christmas. Last year we went to another relatives house which was nice. We will be doing that again this year. I think my mom prefers it that way as she isn't in to doing all that cooking anymore.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Trying to get things in order and review the boards and forums and I realized I forgot to "wake up" the sleeping Thanksgiving Countdown.....Should have done that at the end of
October....lots of good info in this forum!!!

:turkey:

Thanks! Checking it out now.