Thanksgiving Invitations

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
I am starting to think about this year's Thanksgiving inviations, and I was wondering what others are doing?

Last year I made invites that looked like slices of pumpkin pie (folded dark orange cardstock in half, cut triangles with the base against the fold so they opened up. Wrote the particulars inside the triangle. Glued a piece of brown card stock cut with wavy scissors to resemble 'crust' to the top. Glued a white cotton ball to it to look like whipped cream, glued the whole thing to a small doily and attached a plastic fork to the doily 'plate'. ) I had to send them in bubble envelopes with extra postage, but it was worth it cause they were just so darn cute

It's going to be hard to top that one, :grin: any ideas to share?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's sounds like a fun way to even make some Thanksgiving Day cards for those special people in your life. I think I might just keep this idea!! Yipee!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
ps.

That might be hard to top. But it would be fun to come up with some type of turkey leg.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Your cards sound adorable! I wish that I had that creative mind. I am sure your guests loved them. I'm not sure how you will be able to top something so creative. So, whatever you decide will surely be fantastic!

How about making a Thanksgiving plate. Maybe with peas, Saying "Peas Join Us Again This Year". The mashed potatoes can say something about it being a "smashing good time." And, maybe the turkey can promise fun without feeling sleepy.

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
thanks to all who responded. I really like the "peas join us" idea. Maybe send an envelope full of tiny peas and carrots made out of polymer clay. The stamped invites are gorgeous, however I gave my SIL all my rubber stamps a couple of years ago because I just wasn't into it any more.