The Book of Myself

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I found the neatest journal out at the outlet mall bookstore. It is called The Book of Myself (A Do it Yourself Autobiography) And it has 201 stater questions that you answer and by doing so you sort of tell the story of your life. It is divided into three sections: The Early Years, The Middle Years, and the Later Years. If you can find a copy of it...I recommend it because it is a nice hard cover book with cream colored pages and a muted red print. Here are some examples of starters:

One of Mom's traits I admired.
If I had trouble with mom growing up it was in the area of....
A Habit I picked up during my early years was...
This is what war meant to me growing up...
The clothing fashions of my childhood were....
This friend became like a member of my family in later years...

etc etc...

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sounds like a great book.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, thank for mentioning that book! I looked it up on Amazon. I've been wanting to do my grandmother's autobiography for a long time. This would give some good questions to start with. Might do mine eventually...once I've actually done something interesting. lol

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I have this book and it is great! I have started but not finished it ----yet. It would be a good thing to do a few questions on your Celebrate ME days!

There is also a companion book called The Book of Us : A Journal of your Love Story in 150 questions which is also great! It would be great to give to your spouse on and anniversary and then sit and complete it together. Kind of relive your love story from the beginning!

I actually have a whole collection of these type books.

I want to start a project for my folks, sibling, inlaws etc... for my kids. I want to send each person a journal.....email them like 5 questions a week compiled from these different books and have them write their answers in their journals. Then my kids would have a written legacy of all the important people in their lives.

I really need to get on this. I waited to have my kids when I was 38 and 40 so my folks and inlaws are getting up there in age and my kids won't have a long long relationship with them etc...

I will try and list the books I have.

I am suddenly inspired to dig them out and get started on this project!

Thanks for the nudge Gingerbug!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Two years ago I gave my parents a jar of questions with a journal. they pick a question a day or a week and answer it in the journal. I found it was a great legacy.... only problem is....mom has done a few but dad hasn't yet... they don,t have time they say (they are not retired yet)...

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
pixiestick said:
There is also a companion book called The Book of Us : A Journal of your Love Story in 150 questions which is also great! It would be great to give to your spouse on and anniversary and then sit and complete it together. Kind of relive your love story from the beginning!

Do you think this would go well with a wedding gift? I have two wedding gifts to buy. One is a very sappy-type couple that love talking about how they met and their first date, etc. The other couple is big into scrapbooking...so I'm thinking this could still be along the right lines for them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
FrostyShimmer,

Thanks for the idea of using this as a gift. Have a late anniversary gift to get out. It might have to be later till I find the gift. Maybe Amazon has it and I can just have it shipped to them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just ordered the Book of US from Amazon using my lovely Gift Certificate!!! Thank you Gingerbug for the GC and thanks to everyone for the cool of idea of sending this as an anniverary gift.