The price of turkey

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
Yesterday afternoon, my son and I went to the local farm stand where they happen to sell turkey pot pies. There was a sign that said that there has been a significant increase in the price of turkey recently. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this where they live? And why?

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Oh darn, and I don't even have one in the freezer! I usually try to keep a couple of them frozen. I used my last one during my Christmas in July dinner. Our Kroger stores usually have them where you can get one for something like 29 cents a pound with a purchase of a set amount during one week. I usually spread my grocery shopping out over several trips and pick up several.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I noticed last year that the prices had gone up. Can't imagine what it will be like this year.

Melanie

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
wow, didn't notice. i hope they don't go up this year. I have one in the freezer and was going to use it soon, but i may save it for Thanksgiving....

Merry Sage

Retire Member
Mar 25, 2009
England
www.moongardenblends.co.uk
I think its just a general indication of the economy. We've seen food prices going steadily upwards for the past two years here in England. This year especially it's very dear.

Keeping a sharp eye out for specials, when you can get them as I've also noticed their getting scarce too, regardless of the time of year, is about all you can do now.