Thought I was ready...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
but OMG it's a day and a half away...acckkk With everything going on with the MRI and such I am starting to stress out!!! I planned on making my pie crusts tonight and felt too tired. I am going to be a busy bee tomorrow after work!! I think tomorrow is going to be a pizza night!!!

Lou

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Yes, have pizza tomorrow night. We're thinking about going out for dinner tomorrow if I get the pies done early enough, if not I think I'll have some pizza delivered too!

May I suggest a store bought pie crust if it doesn't work out tomorrow? Take whatever shortcuts needed, okay?

Please take care and enjoy the holiday.

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm feeling the same way! I thought I was doing great until DSis called needs a sitter for this afternoon so DSis13 is watching them at my house (more little boy toys than DM house). Then DSIL called and wants me to watch DNiece8 and DNephew6months while she and DB go to a funeral. So much for all the cooking I was going to do :pilgrim: . I'l be ok as long as they don't make to big a mess of my house.

Good Luck everyone! and Happy :friendly: Day!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think I'm on track, but today and Friday are still busy, busy days. I have to prepare a few things to take to Mom's tomorrow, then Friday I'll have most of the dinner for Saturday to get ready.

I've made myself a timeline, and a check list to get it done. I still have to go to the grocery store Friday to get the fresh ingredients for Saturday...that should be LOTS OF FUN!! Normally I don't mind grocery shopping much, but on Black Friday...not so much!

It's pouring rain here with a cold front coming through today. It's supposed to be 45 degrees and 70% chance of rain Saturday when the inlaws are here. Oh, boy!

To top it all off, I told my little boys (ages 6 & 7) that they could stay up as late as they wanted last night (that's usually about 10:30 at the latest!!) and when we got up this morning, the two kids that i have to literally drag out on school mornings were on the couch, asleep. About two minutes later-wide eyed and bushy tailed!! And this was a full hour before they would normally have to get up for school!! Go figure. By 7 am they were already fighting. Sigh.

Lou said:
Yes, have pizza tomorrow night. We're thinking about going out for dinner tomorrow if I get the pies done early enough, if not I think I'll have some pizza delivered too!

May I suggest a store bought pie crust if it doesn't work out tomorrow? Take whatever shortcuts needed, okay?

Please take care and enjoy the holiday.

I wish I can do store bought. My grandmother passed away last year and I am the only one who can bake so I have to make my grandmother's italian cheesepie and HER piecrust. My dad gives me the guilt trip and says you don't know if this will be your grandfather's last holiday so we have to give him what he wants!!! Mu uncles are making 2 turkeys-one smoked and one deep fried and then my grandfather said he wants a spiral ham so now on top of the turkey breast I was cooking for the kids to have a regular flavor (and not to mention drippings for the gravy) I now have to make a spiral ham. I hate guilt trips!!!!