Toaster oven

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We recently replaced our toaster oven(first one since the fire), with a small 4 slice Black & Decker toaster oven. I have cooked can biscuits, cornbread, homemade bisquik biscuits in it.

I know I can bake cookies in it to. But I was wondering do you use a toaster oven? If so what do you cook in it?

Do you have any favorite recipes that could be prepared in a TO? If so please share

TIA

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
we use ours a lot. Frozen foods (waffles, pizza, corn dogs...) I have also cooked side dishes and casseroles in our anything that will fit size wise. I do often keep foil on top of it for most of the cooking because it's close to the heating eliment. I have even cooked meat like a small port loin or some chicken breast.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have never even owned a toaster oven. Maybe I should try one.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I'm with Shannon. Pretty much anything that will fit can be baked in one. The only thing I have found about them is they don't seal very well, so a lot of heat seems to escape, but mine is old - at least 15 years. The newer ones may be better. They are convenient to use to keep from heating up a full sized oven for smaller food portions, and they run on a 110 circuit as opposed to a 220 for a large oven, so they should be more energy efficient.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
It is a GodSend during the holidays. I used to have it as my primary toaster but DH kept burning his hands reaching for the toast so after much squawking I got him a pop-up. I kept the toaster oven though as I used to hardly ever use my main oven cuz everything fit in it. During the summer it helped keep the house cooler while cooking indoors.

During the holidays I use it as a second oven to cook acorn squash and other items. Also, I use place dishes on top of it to keep warm (as the top gets hot) -- to hold items til feast time.

The kids used it for quick batches of cookie. Really, if it weren't for DH, that thing would be right back on my counter. It was our primary oven before we had kids. We hardly ever used the big one.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks everyone. I like reading about what others cook in their TO..