Traveling Elf

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I was just sitting here thinking (dangerous, I know) and I thought, hey what if we had a traveling elf?

Here's how it would work, there would be a sign up list for those interested in participating. This could be a year long thing if there were enough people interested. The timeframe really doesn't matter since we all love Christmas. I have an elf we could use for this so there would be no need to purchase one and it's small enough to not cost a fortune to mail.

Once the sign up list is closed for the year (season, whatever we decide) I would mail the elf, with a few goodies, to the first person on the list. That person would keep the elf for a week (or more depending on the sign up list), take pictures to share here or we could create a special FB page for the Traveling Elf to share pics and thoughts there. After the allotted time, they would then send the elf, with a few goodies, to the next person on the list and so on.

Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in doing?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
If I did the Elf, I would be in on this. It would be neat if each person had an elf to send. Imagine a child's surprise with all the different Elves showing up!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sound like fun. I did a traveling bear one time and it was a blast.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
if your willing to include uk in it i would be up for it. my kids would think it great that 1 of their "elves friends" had come to visit.

would an online journal be set up so everyone else could track its journey/show the kids etc

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
I am in. My DGKs would love to have Nana get an elf visit.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm sorry, I totally dropped the ball on this for this year. We are getting ready to go on vacation for a week and my husband will be deploying soon after so once all that is done, I will sit down and come up with the details and then we'll plan on starting in January. It will be a year round activity, not just for the holiday season.