Trying something new this Christmas....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mummysnowflake2614

Retire Member
Jul 2, 2008
Nr Swansea in south wales, uk
Hi

I'm a newbie to the boards but I think this is a fab idea. I will be doing this with my step son (8) and boyfriend (29) as i think it is a good practical gift and fits in nicely for them both.

However my little boy is only 4 years old and i will do it with him but I do go OTT with him as he is Father Christmas mad and really is a believer it will be a very sad day when it eventually comes for me!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
We do something very similar in our home, my boys receive three gifts each, plus their stockings. We began when they where babes, they are now 16/13/10 and it is a tradition I believe they will carry on.

:grin: We keep the focus on activities and family.

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
That is a terrific way of putting more meaning into gifts. Our family was at the bored of opening boxes and boxes of clothes that they knew they were getting, and even though it was clothes they needed for winter, they felt bad opening so much. My DD (now 18) suggested that we all buy one present for each family member, so we all open 4 gifts. I also still do stockings and put the rest of the money that I use to spend, into gift cards. That way they can get their winter clothes and I never have to stand in the exchange line! :grin:

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
This is such a great idea !!! I think I will do it for one of my "Christmas in July" crafts. To get them really use to the idea, I have a 28 ds, 27dd and 30dsl, I will make 3 Christmas cards and put this is each one with a return Halloween envelope to have back to me by October 31. That way, they get to have a surprise for Christmas in July and I will have a cute Halloween envelope come back to me in October. It gives them time to really think what those want, need, wear and read things should be !!! :skate:
Thanks !!!!