Two Months Until Christmas Eve

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Hi all, The clock is ticking and the calendar says there are just two months until Christmas Eve…it is amazing at how fast this year has flown! Things are really hopping here at the North Pole. Several elves from the Tracking Department are away from the office this week and exploring new tracking sites around […]

More...

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
OH, MY! I need to get my thinking cap on and my lovelies need to start making their lists.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Woohoo!!!

Didn't even realize it. Bad me!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just love the next few months!!! The lead up to Christmas is so exciting, and then the month or so after Christmas are my favourite time of the year.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hi Katrina,

What is it about the month or so after Christmas that you like so much??

I have never heard anyone say that before and I am curious.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I also agree with sweet pumpkin pie about the month or so after Christmas being great.
I also love the lead into Christmas. So like Katrina this is the best time of the year for me.

A few of the reasons for me:

Our weather is warm/ hot. School is winding down for the year and kids are almost on holidays. There are end of year concerts, presentation days, Christmas activities, lots of social gatherings.

Most after school activities finish up around mid December and generally do not go back until very late Jan, early Feb.. This is our summer break time as well as Christmas. Days are long not getting dark in Sydney til after 8pm. With no school we can stay late at the beach. No homework so lots of fun outside for the kids. Lots of BBQ's and causal gatherings with friends.

In Australia because of the weather it seems like everyone is in holiday mode for January- yes business is open but lots of people have time off for the kids school holidays.

I find that it is just a relaxed time of the year. I love it! There are things do do in the cities- night markets, often fireworks in Sydney, outdoor restaurants, cafes etc...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, thanks for asking, here are a few reasons,

Once Christmas is over I do feel the inevitable post Christmas let down but January is a busy month in Australia.
School is out, a lot of people head out of the cities to the beach, the pace is slower. DH and I own a property out in the bush so we head there for a break. We like to do a few road trips if possible, but if not relaxing at home is fine.
DD and I both have birthdays in January and of course Australians celebrate our National day on January 26th. Lots of picnics, bbqs and get togethers in January.

As for shopping, the after Christmas sales are always a great place to pick up an early bargain or two, I always get a great jumpstart on the next years gifts just after Christmas.

I also like January as it is a whole new start. The new year is a great time to set some goals and to just take stock. I do a lot of rearranging, planning and organizing at the start of the new year.