Week 14 - Decor Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This coming weekend, DD's school are selling trees all weekend, and have the annual School Fair (to raise funds) on Sunday. We are going to see if we can get a tree there on Saturday, and one of us will go to the fair on Sunday.

Sunday will also see DD and I, along with my Sister (DD's Godmother) going on the Santa Train - which should be fun!

Other plans for Saturday include getting the house clean once the builders are gone (with any luck, I can call in the cleaning crew on Friday and just have the deep cleaning that they wouldn't do for Saturday), getting the carpet laid and putting DD's furniture into the new attic room. She may or may not sleep there over the weekend.

We also need to order the carpet for the office, and stairs & landing. I need to go to the storage unit to get the decorations, and the presents I have already bought along with my wrapping supplies (so that I can make some progress the following week).

On Sunday, we are planning to decorate the tree in the morning before going on the train.

I also need to get to the grocery store to do a major shop for the non-perishables for a few weeks, finalise the bits for the 2 hampers I am giving to a local charity, and general weekly food needs. It will be a big one! But I am trying to avoid the need for major shopping from next week until the New Year - just fresh things and emergency needs.

I also need to write my cards, especially before it gets too late for the overseas ones.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Done! All decorations are up & lighted.

Need to wrap & bake + maintain house clean.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
ok, I have all outside done & looking pretty good, I actually am pleased with it this year. I have tree up, and decorated, hallway done & lit up... I have my village set up & going. I have a few odds & ends to do and it will b done.... I am planning the weeks ahead for party's & engagements and going to set up a baking party with in laws.. we had a blast the night before Thanksgiving prepping for that meal, so I know we will have lots of fun baking candy & cookies.... lol

:snowman:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Finished decor late on Dec 3rd - did alot differently this year and must remember to take pictures!!!

Also need to take notes on what to do differently next year after talking with DH about what he likes, prefers, etc.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Well, I made absolutely no progress this week. Filling in form for job application took all available mental energies (and there wasn't much of that!) and physical energies went into getting into and home from work (ugh, ice is WORSE than snow!).

However, the builders, despite not being gone, are onto the painting so should be gone early next week. I booked the cleaning crew this morning - they will check the house on Monday and come either Wed or Thurs next week. I will do an urgent cleaning over the weekend, but the big clean I will leave to them! YAY!!!

I need to finish my form, but I am just so physically wiped out, I have no mental energy left. I want to sleep. I think I may need to blow off a half hour, go for the "Friday Coffee" in the museum, and come back refreshed enough to finish. Before lunchour,as I have a meeting with the Minister (WHO is he meeting at LUNCHTIME on a FRIDAY?!!!). And it has to be ready to hand in by 5pm - I need to put makeup on for the meeting so I might go out for lunch after that and get new passport photos - the ones I got earlier in the week look like true passport horrors rather than enthusiastic management material:( .

Meanwhile, I need to explain how I am so wonderfully organised all the time - could I admit to magical elves helping me on here?!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Well, progress was made over the weekend after all. We did a lot of spot cleaning to repair some of our depression over the state of the house. The cleaning company is booked for a deep clean later this coming week too.

The builders should be finished today. We were able to get the new carpet in DD's room on Saturday and DH moved her furniture up while we went to the storage unit for the presents and decorations (including tree). I put the new duvet cover on the bed without buttons, as it still works! I'll finish it later but as a new thing for the new room, it was important (and she loved it!).

DH got the tree out of the box and assembled while we were out yesterday, so we can decorate it during the week.

I managed to get the last things for my goodwill hampers when grocery shopping on Satruday, and will assemble those midweek to give next monday. I also got the coffee I wanted for 2 foodie hampers as gifts - so I only need the bits I am actually making. I got handmade soaps for DD's 2 teachers at a Christmas market to go with the facecloths.

And we got lots of Christmas magic too!! Apart from DD's new room (which was magic for all of us!!), DD and I went on the Santa Train with my sis yesterday. That was really great! Our neighbours had a gathering on Saturday (watching the "almost final" final of X Factor) so 6 adults and 4 kids enjoying the show and then sharing a pot of chilli and some wine (the kids had pizza and fizzy pop!). DH had his office party on Friday and really enjoyed it. I met up with an aunt and uncle - bumped into them in grocery store!, and another aunt and my gran (dropping my sis there last evening) which was good too. And we have had the Christmas CDs and DVDs going at home, which have helped us all!! (And the ice melting lifted everyone's spirits too!!! LOL!!).

Almost there, and getting ready to enjoy it all!

Last edited:

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
awesome winged one... sounds like ur right on track.... Good luck & Merry Christmas..... to all....
I pray U do take a few for yourself..... lol

:snowman: