Week 14 - Holiday Decor!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Week 14 is upon us, how are we all doing?

Holiday Prep
Decorate house and yard for holidays.
Have a craft day for children.
Prepare all packages for mailing and mail this week and next. Mail all overseas cards.
Plan a caroling evening or other social family evenings.
Procure and water the Christmas tree!
Order turkey.
Are we having the company Christmas party? See checklist.
Read "The Polar Express" aloud to kids.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am planning on:

[] Finishing laundry catchup (I did a lot of this over the weekend already)
[] Packing for and going on 3 day business trip
[] Writing all cards on the plane trips
[] Giving Presents to PIL for DH's family (gave to my DSis for my family yesterday) as we won't be down until after 25th
[] Getting out the fabric advent calendar for DD
[] Putting out the 2 chocolate advent calendars for DD and au pair
[] Starting the decorations (tree won't be for another 2 weeks)
[/] Getting out Christmas dishes (I started using Christmas mugs over the weekend
[] Finish knitting beanie hat for DNephew
[] Finding out overseas DSis's plans for Christmas/New Year, and prepare package for mailing if she is not visiting
[] Continue emptying out the freezer (making good progress) for holiday goodies and leftovers
[x] Buy the wine for Christmas dinner (offer in supermarket)
[] Buy book token (DH's uncle)
[] Buy Chocolate sardines (mum)
[] Find 5 Christmas beers (DH)
[] Collect bike (DD from Santa)
[] Wrap remaining presents bought

I still need to decide on Christmas outfits for me, but we have 2 good ones for DD (1 new, 1 a new jumper) and DH will probably wear what he has, as will I but I need to think about exactly what.

I have paid for DD going to the kiddie party at work, but I need to decide if I am going to the evening one for employees (I am definitely going for lunch with my Unit).

I am making good progress on the calendar planning, but need DH to agree to a couple of things when he gets home to finalise that (next weekend). I also need to decide on the meat (I am thinking goose) before I order that.

And while we are currently reading "Harry Potter" as the chapter book to DD (we read to her 2 nights a week and she reads to herself the other nights now), she has started in to my stash of Christmas books for her own nights, and I expect I will be asked for the "24 mice" book as well as HP next weekend (in french , which I have to read in french and then translate for her, about the daily preparations of the 24 members of the mouse family for the month of December).

DD is having lots of craft days with au pair already - and they've moved into Christmas crafts a few weeks ago. I gave her the strips of paper for extra paper chains last week, so we'll be putting those up this week I expect.