Week 5: MasterBath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just need to redo the cabinets under the sink (I did the pharmacy last week). I also have to replace linen closet in there.

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
This will be a make-up week for me. I have already done the deep cleaning in our master bath. Yesterday I washed all of my curtains and washed the windows inside and out. This week I am going to clean all of my light fixtures and fans. I will take down the ones that I can and wash them and the ones that don't I'll just get out my trusty ladder and dust them!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
nothing for me to change or update in the masterbath so i will take this time to empty and reorganize my cabinets in there. I just changed my curtain liner. I payed extra last time for the cloth shower liner that "doesn't mold" well liar it does! Even after bleaching it, still moldy so I tossed it and went w/ cheep clearance plastic ones.

Last edited:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Done deep cleaning the shower/tub. My shower hooks are leaving rust circles on my new curtain!! I'm not happy. I'll have to go back to plastic rings I guess. Those rust rings aren't just going to wash out easily, are they? P**P!
I'm tackling the linen/toiletries cupboard next. Yikes... If I don't make it out-know how much you all mean to me!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay, I haven't felt this way in 3 years, but I'm so out of it and so far behind. We're in week 5 and I haven't even started! So is this where I give myself the flylady pep talk and tell myself to "Jump in where I'm at". Things just aren't going as I had planned all year. Very frustrated. I'm suppose to be off for the next 3 days, had planned on doing my house, but then one work crisis after another keeps happening. BIG SIGH!!!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
It really bites when life gets in the way!
I have to go back and make up past week tasks too, especially Christmas stuff. I think I'll be following the Christmas countdown, too! (or trying to!)
On the upside- bathroom is deep cleaned and decluttered, and cupboards organized! I just have to get a new blind and maybe valance.

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
I fell behind in a lot of my cleaning. I'm just going to keep doing what ever I can when ever I can. I'm getting some of it done but I have an entire list of things in each room so far that still need to get done!! Like I didn't get a chance to do the curtains and windows, so I'm putting that on a list to do next weekend. The master bath isn't too bad this time because I had to declutter it this summer and so far we haven't had enough time to destroy under the cabinets!! I'm thinking that may be this year, I can send this list of cleaning that still need to get done from my HGP as my wish list to Santa and maybe he will send one of his worker elves to my house and help me clean it!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
my master bath isn't bad realy and it's tiny so it doesn't take long. i cleaned out under the sink today. I combined severl bottles of the same brand/kind of conditioner. Not sure why I had all of them. My little wall cabinet that has nail polish and such was done recently so it doesn't need work however I may go back through my perfume and see if there are any I don't like any more. The rest is the book on the toilet tank (going to do that in a minute) and the cabinet above the toilet need to be gone back through. Are there days to do the other bathrooms? I may need to try to do them this week if not.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm thinking that may be this year, I can send this list of cleaning that still need to get done from my HGP as my wish list to Santa and maybe he will send one of his worker elves to my house and help me clean it!!

Merry - can you give him MY list too? ;) sounds like a great idea to me!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Bathroom is good - I happened to do it a few weeks back. I know I need to restock cold and flu meds for winter, but that would be it.

I am slightly off track on Chirstmas preps too. But - I made a good breaktrough last night - I went to a local large supermarket to use up some vouchers for our groceries, and found a LOAD of good special offers on everyday non-perishable foods. SO I got a whole load of doubles, to make up 2 hampers that I have decided I will hand in to the Church beside the office car park (they will go to good use there). Already, for not too mcuh money, I have (2 - one for each hamper):
VERY large jar of coffee (50% extra free)
Large box teabags (50%)
Packet of spahetti (50%)
Large bottle of ketchup (30%)
Bag of flour (Christmas baking so double pack reduced)
Bottle each of sprite and fizzy orange (both in double packs reduced - will split so one of each rather than the double)
Crackers (double pack reduced - will split)
Teacakes (special price)
Kitkats (50% extra free)
1 box of cereal which I had a voucher for - will get another later
2 tins beans (4 pack reduced, with a free packet of sauce included - have loads of sauces to give another)

I am going to give some porridge oats and a tin of golden syrup too, as well as the recipe for homemade "Hobnobs" biscuits. So the porridge can be breakfasts, biscuits, or stretching mince meat dinners (like cottage pie).
I think I will add the MABS cookbook too (Money Advice and Budgeting Service) - I can print and bind it in the office and it has loads of great ideas for cheaper meals (I use it a lot myself).

I know they all have the "50% extra free" or reduced prices splashed all over them, but it does mean that the money I spend does stretch further. And I am buying the good brands rather than basics - although when I go north, I will probably get a few extra of the basics brands that I use myself and find perfectly good.

As for the rest of the preps, work has taken over again. So I am too shattered to craft these days. And not getting out at lunchour to do any shopping. Oh well, I am more ahead than I felt I was last year at this point, even though the summer has been more hectic, so I will be happy with that.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Winged One - you are doing great! Thanks for the reminder to restock cold/flu meds!

I need to finish the cabinets under the bathroom sink. Otherwise the Master bath is done. The hall bathroom doesn't have cabinets (a blessing and a curse) and the powder room doesn't either so those are finished as well.

As for holiday prep, I am behind as well. I need a couple of hours (undisturbed) to go through my gift totes and make sure everything I've already purchased is accounted for. I think I'm just about done with stocking stuffers and gifts for the kids that I buy for (aside from my 2 - that's going to take some thought!) I haven't finalized my baking plan, but I am determined to fit it in this year. The other LARGE holiday task hanging over my head is our Christmas card...we send over 200 photo cards (crazy, I know, but I have 61 first cousins! 42 on my mom's side - she's one of 12 - and 19 on my dad's side...) Anyway, I need to have the picture taken before I pick the card and my DS(1) has an abominable haircut that needs to grow out (thanks, DH! LOL!) That's my biggest stress and my biggest goal for October!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thank goodness the master bath is small! That is my number one thought for this week on the HGP!!! :)

Have already cleaned out/reorganized the one cabinet that still needed it.

Tonight I plan to give the ceiling vent a good cleaning.

This Friday or Saturday I will pick up a new shower curtain liner during my weekly shopping trip.

That will just about do it. Although there are a few spots here and there on the walls I want to have a go at with the Magic Eraser! :)

I continue to fall behind on holiday prep!!! Although I enjoyed it, my time at a Christmas card making party this past Saturday would have been better spent at home working on all of my tasks...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Wingedone-great job on the food. As long as it's not expired date, who cares if you get a good deal on it. I love that you did. I buy off brand or sales also. Although most food are ok past the experation date, you don't want to donate it (I know you realize that). I need some good deals to stock up also.

Master bath is done. Didn't have much to do really. I went through the last small cabinet today and threw away a few things. Wouldn't hurt to get into the other 2 bathrooms the rest of the week and do the same in there.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I NEED to get back on track...can't believe it is already WEEK FIVE!!!